Longtime TPS official retires

TPS OFFICIAL ROBERT CARTER ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

San Antonio, TX -- After serving as an official for 28 years with the Texas Pro Sedans Series, Robert Carter

has announced his retirement from officiating automobile racing at the final 2004 race.

Robert Carter was a driver in the TIDA Pro Sedan Series and then an official. When the series later renamed Texas Pro Sedans, he served as the Race Director for the l998 season. Both before and after 1998, he was the TPS Chief Pit Steward.

In making his retirement announcement Carter said, “After 28 years of involvement in the TIDA and the Texas Pro Sedans (TPS), I will not return for service after the 2004 TPS schedule is completed. Motorsports and involvement with TIDA/TPS has been a big part of my life, but it is time to move on. I have a fishing boat. My wife Rebecca and I will be fishing more often and also spending time with my elderly father in North Texas. I want to express my best to you and the TPS organization. We do have a great group of people associated with the Texas Pro Sedans. Sincerely, Robert Carter”.

Upon receiving Robert Carter’s retirement announcement, TPS Race and Administrative Director, Neil Upchurch said, “Robert and Rebecca Carter have been devoted and loyal officials. Their value to this TPS organization is beyond my ability to adequately describe, so I will just say THANK YOU in behalf of all TPS members, sponsors and officials. As we move into our 30th year, TPS will miss Robert and Rebecca Carter, a lot”.

The San Antonio based 4-cylinder stock car series recently completed its 29th consecutive year of racing during the 2004 season.

Archived