houston enduro

looneedude

Houston motorsports park has made last minute plans to try and pull of an enduro race on oct.23 due to the date changes at thunder hill... race has a $4000.00 purse winner $1000.00.... i think this a great chance for guys too run two enduros with a week off between for repairs the purse is garanteed there is a $40.00 entry fee and normal pit pass prices.. the track owners stated that if this goes well they would like to have a purestock-bomber type class next season with regular purses and points as part of a weekly show.... WE really need this in houston so if any body can make it please come and race with us ....if you need any info feel free to call the track @281 458 1910 or my cel @832 385 0029 thanks lynn

better watch out it may interfere with a enduro in Waco, after all that is why THR rescheduled

Maybe I better explain. We were simply trying to cooperate with the Waco track when we rescheduled to October 23rd after our rainout on October 2nd. Obviously we did not want to put the make up on either Oct 9th or Oct 16 due to OktoberFast.

Shortly after we set October 23rd as the make up date, we discover that Waco had their enduro scheduled for that date. And we didn't want to go up against the CCMS date on October 30th, thus the November 6th date we ended up with.

I guess HMP doesn't mind going head to head with the Waco enduro.

Nick Holt

nick i think that waco and houston are far enough apart that it wont matter much and i was hoping that the guys that didnt want to pull there windsheilds out for the dirt track might come to houston and get two good asphalt races in... i would like to be able to run the kyle race but it is the all american 400 weekend in nashville...and as far as i know as a racer i would like to run both , unless the austin area drivers are scared to come and run in houston... i know plenty of drivers who used to drive every weekend to thr and never complained.....i will also have a driver in my car for the thr enduro... since i am poor and cant afford much i will try real hard to get somebody to put up a bonus for a driver winning both enduros houston and thunder hill, too mkae worth running both.. just my opinion lynn

Finishing my street stock for Corpus is top priority for me but if my enduro car was finished I would definitely run Houston. That is a great track and Graham Baker and family are wonderful people. They are always so kind to TSRS when we are there. TSRS Official Mickey McKim

fast18 -- Oh, I agree completey Mickey. Houston has a great facility and the Bakers are 1st rate folks. And I'm sure TSRS and HMP have a great working relationship. That's the way it should be.

looneedude -- thanks for the explanation. Makes sense to me.

Nick Holt

Nick i understand why it was rescheduled and am ok with it i just was tired and looking at it now it looks like was being a smart a$$. thats not what i intended. i was just stating the fact about the waco race.

hey jamie the rules are the same as thr it will be 200 laps..it will start after the arts race

the races rules are pretty simple the olnly flags will be the green red white and checkerd no yellows if a driver is hurt, on fire or in (serious) danger there will be a red but if a bumper or tire is laying on the track or a stalled car you just drive around it Much like driving on 610 in houston...

I am trying to get the full purse brakedown and schedule up today...thanks lynn

the first place winnings has been increased to $1200

gates open 10 am

open practice all classes 11 am to 1:30 pm

1:30 on will be rotating practice

with enduro cars getting 2 15min practices

qualifing at 5pm for arts

enduro will line up at the completion of the arts race

race will be 200 laps with 2hr time limit

rules are same as thr

40 dollar enrty fee

$25 pit passes