Tyson vs Pee Wee Herman

kelyd13

This is not to bash anyone because we all know that the Roadrunner race last saturday was the best race of the night but I'm just amazed how the Kyle cars whipped our butts all over that track. I give everyone credit for the awesome driving, you can have the fastest car but if you don't know how to drive it, it won't do you any good and #83 from Kyle made that statement by overcoming a flat tire to win the race. Congratulations to all that made the race and made a run for it. I just wanted to know if any of the Kyle Hobbies will be coming back this Saturday to run with the sportsman cars which is where they originally belonged. In the past, the sportsman is the class the Hobbies have always ran with and has been a more equal race but I'm not sure what happened with that one but I will say I'm very dissapointed with the decision. SAS Roadrunners was no match for the Kyle cars but they gave it their best shot! I just hope next year we are allowed to make the appropriate changes to our cars (carbs, tires etc.) to be able to compete with these guys if they continue to run in the roadrunner class. I'm not bashing the guys from Kyle because they did what anyone of us would of done when it comes to racing for money, as a matter of fact I'm so impressed with their performance I will have to make my first trip to Kyle to see them race again. In the mean time I hope we don't have a rematch of Mike Tyson vs Pee wee Herman next year. JMO

that does suck that they let them run with the roadrunners instead of the sportsman..........is it going to be the same way for the enduro race at thr..........is it going to be the sas roadrunners running with the hobby drivers from thr........if so i doubt many sas cars will make the trip to be spanked again..........

it doesn't matter what happened this race because they let it happen all year long............many complaints about the fact that the rules are not equal and they did nothing...........it would be great if the promoters would sit down together, look at the current rules and make changes to equal the field...........that way like i said before a guy could run the dirt track on friday and then run sas on saturday............that way both tracks would benefit by the added cars............

We should all WORK WITH our tracks to make sure it happens. The have already shown a willingness to work together and do something. I would recommend submitting suggestions in writing to your track competition director and discussing it with him. Making suggestions on here isn't going to help unless the track guys ask us to, so they can keep it organized.

People still won't be 100% happy no matter what happens, but maybe they can get close and make some progress. Getting on here and compaining, making random unsolicited suggestions, and talking bad about the track guys isn't going to help.

As it stands right now we can run I-37 Friday & SAS Saturday. Owen lets us run our I-37 cars on non points nights at CCMS. Would be nice if we could go anywhere though. Really would help some tracks on rainouts. If THR dosen't put out the total payout for the Nov. 6th race I doubt anyone will show from out of town.

if they all had similar rules then a guy could race for the championship at 1-37 and sas or cc if they wanted to...........i know it is like that now as fas as 1-37 and sas goes but the rules are not the same and the roadrunners are at the disadvantage........with common rules then everyone would have an equal chance to race for the championship...........

29LL,

This is not a complaint session it's merely a chance for everyone to voice their opinion and to get feed back on what we think was wrong. We all know what we have to do to make sure this won't happen again next year. It would of been different if we had the chance to make the changes to our car to make us more competitive but we wern't given that chance becasue the rules stated that we must compete according to our home track rules. The two fastest SAS cars were in the top ten finish but still got a butt whipping. I'm not here to bash my own track because thats not who I am but I still have the right to say how I feel about the situation. I hope the tracks do get together and work something out for next year to make it more equal. If they do we are there if they don't then we won't.

if they all had similar rules then a guy could race for the championship at 1-37 and sas or cc if they wanted to...........i know it is like that now as fas as 1-37 and sas goes but the rules are not the same and the roadrunners are at the disadvantage........with common rules then everyone would have an equal chance to race for the championship...........

Common rules sure sounds great, doesn't it? The advantages are very obvious and would make a huge difference in the future of short track asphalt racing in Texas.

Earlier this year I arranged a meeting of the three tracks that seem to have the most similar rules - SAS, THR and CCMS. We all sat down and formed TTOPA, the Texas Track Owners and Promoters Association. The cooperation you have seen this year among these tracks is a direct result of TTOPA. And you can look forward to more cooperation in the future.

But when you actually sit down and propose rules changes to make the rules for a given class more "common", it gets really obvious really quickly that there will be losers and winners in almost every instance. Who gives up what becomes a real issue. We sure don't want to obsolete a bunch of equipment with the stroke of a pen, but on the other hand, it is hard to make compromises on a set of rules that have served the racers at a given track well for so long.

Does this mean it can't be done? Nope. It can be done and SHOULD be done for the sake of short track asphalt racing in Texas. However, rules concessions is a major hurdle to overcome. With everyone's commitment and willingness to compromise it WILL be done.

And TTOPA is committed to making this happen, but it will not be an overnight thing. Right now we are discussing tires for next year. Perhaps if we can all agree on the tires we can start to make progress in areas like frames, clutches, carbs, intakes, headers, heads, cams, etc.

In the meantime, we are working on scheduling more big racers for each of the racing divisions currently running at CCMS, THR and SAS. We are also planning on working together on next year's racing schedule and will be approaching the touring series with a coordinated schedule for the 2005 season. In my mind this is real progress and I look for much more of the same in the future.

Nick Holt

of coarse everyone is not going to be happy all the time, that is just life............all i was saying is if everyone runs the same carb, the same intake, the same tranny (std or auto) and the same type of tire than it will be a lot closer than now where it is basically run what you brung and claim the rules you'd like............hopefully next season sas and 1-37 will work out the differences in the rules and can all run together without problems...........as far as the hobby cars they should have been ran with the sportsman and they probably still can for the sportsman race.........i can see the grand stocks running with the roadrunners, they are close in rules, but not the hobby cars..........

they are a lot more similar to the sas sportsman than the roadrunners..............according to the grand stock rules on the thr website the grand stocks are basically the same thing as the sas roadrunner cars..........the hobby will probably fall in the line between a roadrunner and a sportsman.............

I didn't think you were complaining and was glad to see you started this topic. We want the same thing. Nick, that all sounds great. Please make sure your racers from each track feel like they had input. It won't eliminate all the complaining, but at least they know thier viewpoint was considered ahead of time. I know it is not going to be easy. I love seeing the best each track has to offer.

LL

if the tracks would make the cars with the bigger carbs run rietrictor plates then the weight and tire issues would probaly work itself out

The TTOPA is great for racing in s Tx. The association has a great chance to spread the popularity of racing through fans traveling to see their local guys compete on other racers' turf. We were suprised how competetive the I-37 Purestocks & SAS Roadrunner cars were, and they were really equal under each set of rules. I personally do not think our dirt cars (#57, #75, #5) had an advantage over any of the roadrunners. We took only one win, but had good runs 2nds, 3rds and of course some bad nights lol :lol: . It was fun to race side by side w/ Greg again and really be competetive. We're looking forward to 2005!

Jr.

B)

yeah its good to see the dirt cars running at sas with the roadrunners............i like watching 10 cars run better than maybe 5 but thats just me i guess.............look foward to next season and hopefully the class will continue to grow............i just hope they dont let the rules for the classes get out of hand like they did before.............they are already starting to get out of hand a little bit but hopefully they will realize it and put a stop to it............

wow, them thunderhill boys really got ya'll riled up. i wasnt there but it sounds like a hell of a race,bottom line the cream rises to the top,regardless of who runs what and who has better parts,ya'll got beat by the best thunderhill had to offer,these guys week after week were the guys to beat and to measure your cars performance with . tyson vs. pee wee,i don't know how that holds up, i remember reading about a 6000.00 roadrunner for sale.(damn,just kicked over another fire ant mound).

dirty,

No you didn't kick get over a fire ant mound your just stating your opinion and thats all it is. Common sense will tell you that these two classes were no match for each other. If you want to learn the facts read the Hobby stock rules and then read the SAS Roadrunner rules, once you have had time to soak all of that up then read the SAS Sportsman rules. HMMMM, like they say there is a difference. It will be interesting to see the hobbies race against the sportsman this weekend but it's going to be even more interesting to see the race at THR on the 6th when these (I37 & SAS) cars show up more prepared for a competitive race. Like I said in my previous post the Kyle guys did what anyone of us would have done, it was like taking candy from a baby. There is no doubt that these were the best from THR but the question is how will they compare in a class (sportsman) where they should of been in the first place? I wish them luck but we will see what cream will be rising then

Archived