Great Job THR Hobby Stock Drivers

Truck99

I'll second that about making us proud...both David and Gary also showed a lot of class after the race...we've seen finishes like that all year at THR and to see our guys put on a show like that at SAS was extra special...that was classic.

There was a Shrimp sighting...don't think he's skeered...maybe fried! (from the UV)...I am so PO'd I am going to miss the races on the 6th...I want to see Justin, the Shrimp, and the Lucci's bring it to THR...that's going to be a heck of a show...

Bringing the best our 3 tracks have to offer together is a great, great thing.

There was also a mini TSZ get together in the pits where people put faces to names and had a few laughs. Jason finally meets Jamie37. Sorry we forgot it was your B'day Jason. Hope it was a good one.

Chase you are oh so right.Those guys put on one heck of a show. I felt bad for Matt with the lap car getting in the way. He had a good run going. Gary and David both drove one Hello of a race.

This morning thinking about it, it made me think of the Days of Thunder movie. When they told Tom Cruise to pass him on the outside at the end of the movie. Just go on the outside and you can sling shot past them and win. And he did. If I had not been there to see it, Im not sure I would believe it.

What a move and what a race.

I know I am proud of our THR guys.

And I also agree with Gary showing so much class after the race. He came to the start/finish line and gave David and big old Gary hug and one of his smiles and I am sure kind words.

What an awsome race. What agreat finish ! Here's a 75 year old man giving Gary all he could handle and then David pulls off the greatest pass for a win I have seen in a long time ! You guys definitely made us proud and gave the fans a great show .

The SAS guys were right with them and the race was in doubt to the last end...both of those guys do the same thing at THR...usually its only going to be the best guys that are confident enough to go try to compete at another track. The rules were set in advance. The SAS guys were class acts as well and they weren't whining.

I hope the TTOPA tracks will work toward common classes/equipment specs...but people already have sunken investments and strong feelings. Start are thread on it if you want. I'm telling you Johnny my man, it was something to see. Wished you could have been there.

# 1 it wasn't crying.

#2 I guess that anytime someone makes an obvious statement around a THR track rep the only comment you are going to get is "Quit crying".

#3 I'm sure the guys that did well deserved the win and did a good job. I have seen more arguments started on this board because of oversensitivity than anything else. Larry I agree with your post and I wish I could have been there. My main point was that THR doesn't have a class that equates with SAS classes/ or vice/versa. THR SS is more than a sportsman, Sportsman is more than a hobby, hobby more than a roadrunner.

THR has a ton going for it. Don't be so thin-skinned. I've been there one time and I think its a gret track and the hobby and street stock racing was as good as I've seen. I was merely expressing surprise that they ran the 2 classes together. After all when the wild bunch came to town they went into sportsman not roadrunner. :rolleyes: Anyway congrats to the guys who did well. No matter where the racers came from you still had to beat everybody on the track.

sorry johnny-but i have run the sportsman by sas rules and i've run them by thr rules....the 500 cfm puts you in the ball park but the f 53 with sa's package, i was a tenth and a 1/2 faster.....

but kathy and all others we did our fair share of bitching after that june lm race-

david, one day i'll say i knew you when.....gary, you come off tough as nails, but youre a true gentleman...

The 75 year old guy is Joe Horn former owner of San Antonio Speedway, it was called Hwy 16 Rceway then,he is the currrent owner/operator of I 37 Speedway he's a heck of a nice guy and has done more than his fair share for South Texas Motorsports

Oh by the way I have been racing stock cars since 1986 and I have never seen as good a finish as i did last night.The reaction for the pit area was also a first, I have never seen the applause and drivers and crews form other divisions stoped what they were doing and walk to the front stright wall and give applause to all involved.Everyone did a great job no matter where they ended up

Archived