THR Drivers at CCMS on 29th & 30th

fast18

Just wanted to get an idea how many local drivers were going to make the trip to Corpus. I had hoped to have my THR Street Stock ready. Instead I am putting a Bomber together for CCMS and the THR Enduro....What other THR drivers and cars are there going to be there? Mickey McKim (If you haven't raced there you don't know what you are missing !) B)

They may all be afraid. Just plain SKEERD

If ya'll are scared just say your scared, it's ok it's just us racers and fans, you can admit fear to us we will understand.

Sincerely your competition,

Steve "The Shrimp" Grantz

#91 CCMS SS

P.S. I'll be the one wearing the white shrimp boots, stop and share your fears with me and maybe we can work through them.

I have been hearing a considerable amount of talk on TSZ from the Corpus drivers so I put the bomber on the back burner. I am going to do what it takes to get my Street Stock finished so I can run it at Corpus. I wish I had time to have it ready for S.A. I ain't SKEERD B)

Oktoberfast was not kind to the SAS sportsman #29, but we think we will be back up and running for the Corpus race.

Glad to hear that Wesmomt.

I was pretty concerned about Jamie and the car. He rode the wall pretty hard. I hear they had to pry his door off of the wall it was embedded in it.

Hope to see you guys down there.

let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Mark

Zoom,

Thanks for the offer. We tore the car apart yesterday

. We still have to pull the motor. The tie rod put a hole in the oil pan. Tator is going to make a new door, I think. Fender and hood is already pounded back out. The door was shredded. Jamie is okay, just his pride is hurt. He said the car was working good for him. He got out of his grove when he turned to miss the 33 car that was spinning out. That's racing.

Do you have room reserved yet? Let me know. I have an extra one reserved for Friday and Saturday night.

Mona

#29 SAS sportsman

I hope I'm racin' my car and not the bleachers ! Heard from fellow THR driver Don Banker that he is calling on all Street Stock drivers to make the trip to Corpus. I do belive there will be quite a few of us making the trip. Oh yeah...Shrimp I'm skeerd ...will you let me talk about it...I know you said it was alright and you would help us drivers work through being skeerd. I'm skeerd that if I finish my car and make it to Corpus that my setup and gears will be wrong (mainly because I don't know how to set up a car and am clueless about gears). I feel better already...thanks Shrimp ! :D

Unfortunetly I won't be able to make it ole' Schrimp. SAS wasn't kind to me. I changed motors to come down to SAS and I couldn't get that thing to quit smoking. Thought it was a valve cover gasket problem. (Someone left the bolt out of the front of the block for the fuel pump rod). Problem solved thanks to Jimmy Merideth!! Well got about 25 laps or so into race and camshaft decided to exit back of motor. Wish I could be there and would have loved to race at CCMS. Maybe next year. Will plan to being up and running for Nov. 6 at Kyle.

Archived