RGS Pure Stocks

redman

I had the pleasure of visiting with some of you STS racers and really enjoyed it, "Wish I lived closer to STS!", anyway, I got a couple different response's to my questions about our pure stocks racing up there. We run G60's and are allowed to run any shocks but have a claimer on them.There are probably some other difference's. I was told to just show up and Owen will let me race as is, another told me to just change my wheels and tires. If I take 3 car's thats alot of money!! I have heard Owen is an awesome guy but rules are rules. So what happens if we show up as is?

How much trouble is it to change tires? Just asking cause I always carry 3 sets wherever I go.Its an old asphalt trick,practice (hot laps) and heats on one set,best set for feature.No other changes needed.In modified,same thing,fresh ground tires for feature with those G60s.

No problem changing tires GB, its the buying tires that hurts. IDK can we run the 7" wheel?

Either way I think I will wait and see what Owen and Ogden decide on final rules so I don't invest money in tires or wheels that could end up sitting un used.

On another note I just bought a thunder for the GF's son, it's a toyota, do you have any wheels for sale?

Sorry but since I sold my wrecking yard I dont have anything left.Im looking for rims too.Basses makes great wheels but not with the backspacing I need.$' backspacing is hard to find.

Thanks GB.

It is great that you are trying to get these two tracks to work together and have places for fellow racers to race.

Speaking of fellow racer's, you may have won the race but Weeny stole the show. He's on you tube at WEENY WIPEOUT- rio grande speedway.

Archived