Sportmods

Who's in and who will take the bonus?

GM crate finally won a race in the sportmods. Albeit contraversial and in the tech barn, a win is a win. Can the crate do it again?

Will anyone beat those Medlock cars???

Which hotshoe will Junior have in the seat this week?

Two point races left and Teresa Gural holds her ground, drawing a line in the sand and is taking all comers.

Which dirt ace will tow to THR to accept the challenge of asphalt?

Entries confirmed on this thread:

02 Bobby Sanford

5 Joe Aramedia

10 Eric Robbins Jr

11 Lyndon Kirk

25 Teresa Gural

44 Kaleb Kreis

79 Cody Beddoe

79 Cody Beddoe is looking to make the trip.

"The Recruiter" has won four of his last five races at THR and always has his car glued to the track.

Cody is the 2010 Corpus Christi Speedway Sportmod Champion and is a crowd favorite to win wherever he goes.

Cody won this past weekend at Corpus Christi Speedway and wants another one this week.

List Updated.

02 Bobby Sanford confirmed.

New to the Sportmods this year as a driver and sponsor.

This dirt tracker has full intentions of conquering the asphalt at THR.

Recent tuning issues with the car have kept Bobby from showing his talent behind the wheel.

44 Kaleb Kreis confirmed.

Rockhard Racing will be bringing the Sportmod and their two Naskart Prokarts again.

I believe Kaleb has four straight top three finishes in the karts including a win.

He is will be looking for the same results with the big V8 this week.

Updated list.

25 Teresa Gural confirmed.

Teresa has been running very strong this year and has held the points lead for the majority of it.

Still looking for that first victory in the Sportmods, her focus is squarely on the championship and she will be hard to catch.

Post drop championship points standings has her 6 points ahead of Terry James and 8 points in front of Lyndon Kirk.

With two points races left this year, this is stacking up to be the closest points battle at THR.

Updated list

So thankful for Tommy working so hard this past week, to get another engine put together for the #25. Car wasn't running on all cylinders last race. In the process found bad gears in rear end, and was fixin to be DNF. Looking forward to having the car back 100% and getting that win, we've been working so hard for. Thanks go to Terry Tschoerner for letting me use his trailer too! :)

So thankful for Tommy working so hard this past week, to get another engine put together for the #25. Car wasn't running on all cylinders last race. In the process found bad gears in rear end, and was fixin to be DNF. Looking forward to having the car back 100% and getting that win, we've been working so hard for. Thanks go to Terry Tschoerner for letting me use his trailer too! :)

That could be bad news for the rest of us Teresa.

See you there. :D

10 Eric Robbins Jr. confirmed

This Dwarf Car Series Rookie of the Year will be trying the asphalt with his new Sportmod this weekend.

Eric has been running dirt at I-37 and will race at THR on saturday to try out the pavement.

His father Eric Robbins Sr. ran Sportmods for many years and has expressed that this Saturday is just to try it out.

Sr. said not to expect much since they are coming with the dirt setup and borrowing some tires, but as we all know, put a racer on the track and anything can happen.

I doubt Jr. will be throttling back when the green drops and will be taking every spot he can get.

Glad to have you guys.

Updated list.

Bobby Sanford with Sanford Electrical Services happily paid the bonus with crisp new $100 bill Saturday night.

Thank you for your support of the Sportmod class.

I hope your car troubles are over and you have a great race next time.

Answers to the opening post on this thread are:

Lyndon Kirk (me)

Yes

Yes

Joe Aramendia

This is tightest points race at THR and it looks like it will come down to the last lap of the last race.

None

Next race is September 8, 2011.

The 2012 THR Sportmod Championship will be decided at this race.

See you there!

Archived