SAS website

Mark39

I sent all the pics I took today to alexander01 so he can post em. I saw alot of progress out there today that gives me alota hope. Dont know that theyd b allowed on the property w/big equiptment doing wat they were doing w/out a lease.

OH I KNOW I`M WITH YOU ON THAT. HELL I`M FOR EVERY BIT OF THIS I THINK IT GOING TO BE BIG IF IT HAPPENS!!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As hopefull as I am I am curious to hear wat the realty person says. I was thinkin abbout how sumthing like the south texas street stock shootout wiuld maybe play into this. Could history repeat itself? Could we c a "Texas Classic" style race? That would b awesome!

I think the street stock class should atleast be allowed to have weight jacks. That is the reason ALOT of cars cant or couldn't run asphalt at THR or SAS. You would have way more cars. If there will be a street stock class that is. Any class is wonderful as long as the track has racing.

As hopefull as I am I am curious to hear wat the realty person says. I was thinkin abbout how sumthing like the south texas street stock shootout wiuld maybe play into this. Could history repeat itself? Could we c a "Texas Classic" style race? That would b awesome!

Why does any of this matter? This SAS thing is getting out of hand already. Let the people that are doing this do their thing and let it be until THEY are ready. It is none of our business what is going on out there until the people that are undertaking this and the land owners decide that we should know something. SAS has been closed for years so waiting a little longer is no big deal. Everyone needs to have some patience. jmo

The person doing this did say he did NOT want to be exposed until he is ready to do so. Getting in touch with the realty company to find out who and what he is none of our business. Unless you want to help the track get up and going then find out a little more when you get there to help. Respect the person's wishes instead of trying to investigate the guy and his intentions. Leave the guy alone.

Why does any of this matter? This SAS thing is getting out of hand already. Let the people that are doing this do their thing and let it be until THEY are ready. It is none of our business what is going on out there until the people that are undertaking this and the land owners decide that we should know something. SAS has been closed for years so waiting a little longer is no big deal. Everyone needs to have some patience. jmo

With all do respect, papa, tjis is a discussion forum. People are excited about this. Im excitef about progress & am simply shareing. Noone is pissing & moning here. Just thoughts. And the gentlemen I spoke w/said he actually eanted wanted racer input on classes to run & rules. Sry if this upsets anybody but as long as im not bashing ima keep writing/helping. If im setting myself up for disappointment, so b it. My choice.

Jmo

Mikey

I think the street stock class should atleast be allowed to have weight jacks. That is the reason ALOT of cars cant or couldn't run asphalt at THR or SAS. You would have way more cars. If there will be a street stock class that is. Any class is wonderful as long as the track has racing.

We do have weight jacks.

I think Papa's point is it is not really any of our business what arrangement the real estate agent, owner or anybody else has made. What does it matter what the real estate agent has to say unless you are part of the deal? We should just be happy somebody is trying to open it for special events and help them where ever we can or how we see fit.

We do have weight jacks.

You dirt guys do have them. NOT ASPHALT. Read previous post.

i don't know half of what hippy is trying to say anyway, i think it's in code or in tongues.......LOL

................I THINK ILL PASS THE CHAMPION TORCH OVER NOW ....NEVER THOUGHT ANYONE COULD EVER OUT DO MY HARD WORK AT NOT MAKING SENSE AND MISSPELLING WORDS ....WOW .MAN HAS GOT ME BEAT BY A MILE ....LOL

Un-freaking-real.....No announcements have made with any certainty and already people are bithching about the freaking rules....I'll quit here while I'm ahead and unedited...... <_<:huh:

THE POINT HAS BEEN MADE WHY THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM TO RESPOND HERE ..

I will accept that torch! Lol. small keys on my phone are unforgiving to my fat fingers. Its not the first time ive gotten flack on here for spelling. Lol. I will try harder. As far as making sense, I think wat ive said has been clear. I just wana help n any way possible for this to happen. So bash away if u will. I have thick skin.

Mikey

agree papa,,,already trying to set 'their' rule book and 'their' schedule. let them do what they do. this is the kinda stuff that makes people with 'their' abilities not want to mess with us,,'racers'.

Listen fellas, I totally understand & get the points that r being made. When I spoke to the gentleman yesterday, he had specific request such as,"dont give names or numbers" which I havnt done. He did ask that I get opinions from people, (racers) on wat classes people would like running. Wat rules we might like to base rules on. & yes he did not even want to look at lssz at this point because of the banter, but does want alittle feedback. Please understand I am in no way trying to get into anyones buisness or start problems. I will continue to try and help in anyway possible, & I dont think thats wrong, but for now I will let it be untill they want more feedback on their website. Sorry if ive caused problems. That was never my intentions. Not my style.

Mikey

Oh, thanx alexander01 for posting.

Listen fellas, I totally understand & get the points that r being made. When I spoke to the gentleman yesterday, he had specific request such as,"dont give names or numbers" which I havnt done. He did ask that I get opinions from people, (racers) on wat classes people would like running. Wat rules we might like to base rules on. & yes he did not even want to look at lssz at this point because of the banter, but does want alittle feedback. Please understand I am in no way trying to get into anyones buisness or start problems. I will continue to try and help in anyway possible, & I dont think thats wrong, but for now I will let it be untill they want more feedback on their website. Sorry if ive caused problems. That was never my intentions. Not my style.

Mikey

Oh, thanx alexander01 for posting.

I would be happy for rules that couldn't be any further than any dirt classes in the area; you know make sure too keep all of the asphalt people happy...LOL

agree papa,,,already trying to set 'their' rule book and 'their' schedule. let them do what they do. this is the kinda stuff that makes people with 'their' abilities not want to mess with us,,'racers'.

YOU GUYS WANT TO SIT HERE AND BITCH ABOUT TALKING TO THE REALTY TO SEE IF THE PLACE HAD BEEN SOLD OR EVEN LEASED OR WHATS GOING ON WITH PLACE AND SAY ITS NONE OF OUR BUISNESS. WELL WHAT BUISNESS IS IT OF YOURS TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT WE DO? :angry:

YOU GUYS WANT TO SIT HERE AND BITCH ABOUT TALKING TO THE REALTY TO SEE IF THE PLACE HAD BEEN SOLD OR EVEN LEASED OR WHATS GOING ON WITH PLACE AND SAY ITS NONE OF OUR BUISNESS. WELL WHAT BUISNESS IS IT OF YOURS TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT WE DO? :angry:

ITS ALL IN FUN GUYS JUST HOPEING THIS IS NOT A DREAM CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I would be happy for rules that couldn't be any further than any dirt classes in the area; you know make sure too keep all of the asphalt people happy...LOL

Most of the rules for the stock bodied cars are very similar to the asphalt tracks... You would be surprised at how many former asphalt cars call I37 home now... I think it will be good in the long run and if its just for special events I dont think we need to worry about who is losing cars to whom. There are ALOT of people who have an affinity for SAS. Im one of them. I grew up there along with alot of others. I have done quite a bit there and have tons of memories except for one. If it reopens I will do everything I can to get a car and live my dream. I loved the racing at the dirt track but SAS is a totally different animal.

Archived