SAS website

Mark39

Why would people believe that they won the Irish Lottery, when they never bought a lottery ticket?......LOL(as in humor)

I've got a bunch more if you're really interested.....

That was most likely you that thought you won the lottery but im only interested in the track opening and upcoming rules.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once you've done and seen half as much as I have in racing, you'll understand better....

BTW....Where you racing this weekend?

Me and my family have done enough and seen enough to understand and pass you up on that by far. Your a WRITER, not a DRIVER or car owner.

it can be done we went to altus the big track couple yrs ago took ridin mower weed eaters an a bunch of shovels [ for cow pattie removel] 4 hrs later an an few almost tow truck spin outs [ yes we were blowin the track off with em an got to racin as good ole racers will do ] an went to testin an dont forget your lawn chairs so it can be done best of luck on the venture to the group

i agree with you sprintsrule.there are to many classes nowadays.being in the race track business myself, there is one thing you have to remember. how long is the average spectators attention span?in this present day,i can tell you from my studies,it is shorter than last week

Alloutpc17,

Like Jay said, Where did you race this weekend? I wouldn't be to hard on someone who reports Texas racing for free on his time off. No, I'm not sticking up for Jay just because he's a friend but out of respect for what he does for us as racers. THR and CC have low car count, but all of the sudden all these cars will show back up to race just cause SAS reopened. How about supporting what we have NOW.

I have to had raced last weekend to voice my opinion? I didn't race and wont this year. BTW Darin, who was the one who came in and beat you at I-37 in the King Of The Hill race few years ago on your winning streak and won it? That would be ME! That's the weekend i DID race with many many others. But does it matter about SAS opening? NO. I also wouldn't be too hard on the racers or car owners who make the tracks have a track. Other tracks have their low car counts for many reasons. If it wasn't for SAS closing, the other tracks wouldn't have NO car count at all. Where do you think half of them came from? [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/22/2012]

Alloutpc17,

Like Jay said, Where did you race this weekend? I wouldn't be to hard on someone who reports Texas racing for free on his time off. No, I'm not sticking up for Jay just because he's a friend but out of respect for what he does for us as racers. THR and CC have low car count, but all of the sudden all these cars will show back up to race just cause SAS reopened. How about supporting what we have NOW.

agree with to hard .....jay may not be a racer ..he has seen alot .....besides ..i did not know he had to be a driver ..owner .pit crew .sponsor .or anything other than a writer to be respected as a knowledgeable person ,,he has seen some things i hope to never see in racing ..look at nick ,,he does not . drive ,own ,or sponsor a car ..but the man knows more than i ever will .tex tom right there as well ....and i would like to know where he races or raced this week ...

If there is soo much interest about running the track again why does it seem there are so few people acually doing anything to go out and help the track. I was out there last Sat. Asked what I could do and went straight to work. The Alexanders were there helping along with one of the new operatiors. Other than one of the new operators there wasn't much else for help. I know of a few people that have offered donations of materials and equiptment and for that I think the new operators are greatful, but they need alot of help labor wise to get there. As of right now from what I was told they are there Sat. and Sun. from 8-5 and can use all the help they can get. Alot of it is going to be labor intensive mainly because of sitting there for 5 years. IF you really want this to happen instead of bitching and moaning on here about one thing or another, or worrying about if this car or that will fit in, come and help out... We all need to pitch in to bring the old girl back so we can race instead of putting the cart before the horse....

I have to had raced last weekend to voice my opinion? I didn't race and wont this year. BTW Darin, who was the one who came in and beat you at I-37 in the King Of The Hill race few years ago on your winning streak and won it? That would be ME! That's the weekend i DID race with many many others. But does it matter about SAS opening? NO. I also wouldn't be too hard on the racers or car owners who make the tracks have a track. Other tracks have their low car counts for many reasons. If it wasn't for SAS closing, the other tracks wouldn't have NO car count at all. Where do you think half of them came from? [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/22/2012]

So your not racing at all?

So your not racing at all?

Only at the SAS race in Oct. where i did race there before. And made many shows at THR, and I-37, and Texana over the past 9 years. What about you bud?

2008 I shot at I-37, STS, Texana, THR, Southern New Mexico Speedway and Baytown. 2009 my wife was deployed. 2010 I only missed the first race of the season at I-37 and made a trip SNMS and Baytown. Last year I only missed one race at I-37, my wife was pregnant, one trip to Texana, one trip to Shady Oaks, I made the trip to Baytown in Feb and Nov for USMTS and I was in Abilene for the Ice Breaker. I was also able to attend the TORC Series event at Cycle Ranch last year with invitation to go again this year. This year I I have perfect attendance at I-37, been to Baytown, Killeen, and planning on going to Texana, Shady Oaks, Cotton Bowl, STS, with another trip to Baytown and possibly to McAllen. I have also helped develop the newsletter for the South Texas Street Stock Shootout. From 2003 to mid 2005 I didn't attend any races because I was overseas in the Army. Second day back in country I bought a car and found the local track, El Paso Speedway Park, along with the sister track, Southern New Mexico Speedway. We moved here in Oct 2006, SAS closed in March 2007 and I have been at it pretty much non stop other than while my wife was deployed. Another mention should be that I'm not even from Texas or New Mexico and that I helped a high school buddy run statewide in Florida before I joined the Army.

I would like to add that just this racing season my photos have reached just over 20,000 unique visitors in 44 states and over 22 other countries.

I think I beat Darin once, am I famous now.

Yes Bruce you are my hero. I promise if you come back and race I-37 I'll tell Cody to let you beat him to. Do you still have that fire extinguisher from SAS? LOL

Eight years ago you drove a pure stock at I-37 and that counts as supporting Texas short track racing. SAS was open then and YOU weren't supporting them. What have you done to support racing other than that? This is what proves my point as to why asphalt racing is struggling in Texas. Support what you have before you lose it because THR and CC need car count to stay open.

Let me give you an example. I-37 is off this weekend so my two cars and Bill's will race the three days at Waco and Killeen. It's only a 5 hour drive from my house. Jay will be there supporting by giving his reports and I'm sure I'll see Jamie taking pictures or just there to support racers and the tracks. Maybe we'll get lucky and Nick will be there for live reports.

I tend to listen to and believe people that are currently supporting our sport.

Let me give you an example. I-37 is off this weekend...I'm sure I'll see Jamie taking pictures...

As much as I would love to be there, or anywhere, I have a going away party Friday, my daughter's birthday party Saturday and the Dinsmore's daughter's birthday on Sunday. In between all of that I will be doing homework and helping my wife get ready for her Army schooling that starts the next week. I'll be there in spirit; does that count? :lol:

Why don't we all stop arguing ... us SAS racers have a connection with the track weather I race a quarter midgit around the center of the track once or raced a super late model it doesn't matter I have the connection ... so who else is getting fired up about racing in october fast because I damn sure am.

Support comes in many ways and forms. But unless you are doing it without getting anything in return you are not giving the kind of support you are wanting credit for. I bet we race because we enjoy it. Therefore it is not selfless support. Maybe taking pics or vids are fun for you or you make money on them. Maybe its both. But the point is you recieve something of value in giving that support. Some can support the track with multiple late models and custom haulers with matching shirts.Its awsome we have those guys. Others save everydime they have to buy one used tire from the junkyard that might make it thru the race. Some have to save the cash in order to buy a 12 dollar ticket and are happy when they can bring in a few beers cause it cost too much other wise. Point is we all support the track one way or another, and those that can afford to do it ...do .. and those that cant afford to do it... still do it when they can. For what its worth, those guys are the one that deserve some respect. I'll get off my soapbox now and let us get back to our normal programing of who has the biggest stickshift in racing.

What I get in return that is value to me is when a racer comes up to me and says, "Jamie, because of what you do when I lose my mind and forget what I have done in life, I will still have your pictures to remind me, show off and have proof of what I did." Being able to go to multiple tracks a year and lose money just to see smiles on driver's faces, their fans and their sponsors. Spending time with people that pretty much have the same interests as I do. Making friendships that last years beyond belief that I wouldn't have normally been able to make. THAT is what it is all about to me sir. Hopefully one day I can positively affect your life in the same way that my racing friends have affected mine.

Archived