Race Cars vs street Cars?

sean-accstudent

I am an automotive student in Austin. The reason for this topic is b/c im looking at pursing a career in racing as a mechanic, I have some knowledge in racing however I sure could learn alot more. Im open for any advise or knowledge that any of the drivers or crew members can give me.

I will be attending the Nascar Technology Institute in Mooresville, NC in March, and any knowledge of the racing industry that can be provided to me would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

And that learning that you want is best done hands on... Hence the reason i suggest going to the THR Pits and mingling with the drivers... Its usually a real friendly and helpful bunch... so they may be able to give you some insite...

Classrooms great.. but the best lessons are the one's applying real world effects...

what they are telling you is good advise-i had a ut student come to me last year at a show we were doing and asked if he could help us so he could learn about racing and the cars-he would come to the shop and help out and we would show him things and explain how they worked and why-at the races he would do air pressures,set staggers and read temps and log em on a sheet-he stayed with us for several months and when he graduated last fall from ut he went to mooresville nc to enroll at nascar tech which is where he is at today-so do as they are saying-go to the track and hook up with somebody-somebody always needing help-i've been out a few months with health issues but plan on racing in a few weeks-if you dont meet somebody-you can hook up with us when we race-send me an email to Fdrace42@aol.com-by the way -we race trucks in the AllStar Race Truck Series-greatest bunch of people you'll ever meet-Tommy

Archived