THR adds TSRS to Stock Car Spectacular

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 27, 2004

Thunder Hill Raceway adds Texas Super Racing Series to Spectacular

As if the Texas Stock Car Spectacular “plate” of racing at Thunder Hill Raceway on Sept. 25 wasn’t already full, Thunder Hill Raceway announced today the addition of the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) to the 8th Annual Texas Stock Car Spectacular race night schedule.

The race will be run at Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle on Saturday, Sept. 25. Thunder Hill Raceway is located at exit 210 (Yarrington Road) off IH-35.

TSRS will join the 2004 ROMCO Tornado Tour, the AllStar Race Truck Series (ARTS), the Texas Asphalt Modified Series (TAMS), the Texas Dwarf Car Association and the Allison Legacy Series on the Texas Stock Car Spectacular schedule.

“We’re proud to bring in the TSRS series to Thunder Hill Raceway,” said THR Co-owner/GM Brian Callaway. “This announcement is the result of months of negotiation between the track and the series. We felt there’d eventually be a date for TSRS to race at Thunder Hill – it was just a matter of finding a date amenable to both of us. TSRS will add to an already great lineup of racing on September 25th.”

“I’m very excited about this agreement, and I’m happy to be bringing our series to my home track,” declared TSRS Founder/Owner Mary Ann Naumann, who is based out of Austin. “This is a win-win situation for both parties involved. I think TSRS has a lot to show the race fans (of Central Texas) and I believe we’ll give the Stock Car Spectacular an added dimension.”

Naumann added, “This will be a non-points race for TSRS. Our drivers are going to have a full schedule with this race – we’re running (a points race) at Corpus Christi the week before and then run the Space City 125 in Houston (another points race) the week after (the Spectacular). However, we expect a good field of TSRS cars for the weekend at Thunder Hill. I’ve talked to our drivers and staff and everyone is eager to run at a track that a lot of series members consider their ‘home track.’ I think this is also a good sign for the start of a good working relationship in the future.”

THR Marketing/PR/Media Director Chuck Licata stated, “We’re very enthused about adding TSRS an already ‘spectacular’ schedule of racing. This will give Central Texas racing fans a good chance to see some great late model racing action, between the ROMCO series and TSRS. Adding TSRS to the Spectacular gives local race fans a steady diet of Texas touring series, between TSRS, ROMCO, ARTS, TAMS, the Dwarf Car Series and the Allison Legacy series. It’s going to be one of the best racing shows this side of the Texas Motor Speedway.”

Race fans can find out more about TSRS at www.manracingpromotions.com and about Thunder Hill Raceway at www.thunderhillraceway.com.

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. Way to go THR/Maryann for making this happen. I can not wait to see up to what 40 TSRS/THR cars on the track at one time. We thought the romco's was packed well move over THR has a show for them boys to watch..

Jay

First off great job THR (Nick-Brian and the rest of the crew) Its good to see the bridges being put back together and giving the TSRS a true opprotunity (sp) to come back to THR... Also great job Maryann getting this working and hope that this leads back to bigger and better things for the series...Cant wait for this night of racing thou like an earlier post its gonna be a long night...

Marc

THAT'S GREAT TO HEAR!!!! now let's see if they can find something else to bitch about????????

way to go brian ,jim ,and mary ann-and whoever else was involved...

Great job .

This is what I wanted to see. This is what a bunch of people wanted to see.

I am glad to see TSRS back at THR.

THis is fantastic.

This will make for a great night of racing.

Brian, Jim, Mary Anne H, Chuck L. & the Whole gang of people that made this possible , I want to thank you for making a bunch of people happy.

Victory Lane

Guest The_Greek
Wow. Thats going to be a LONG NIGHT. Atleast THR didn't mess up this special race like SAS did with Oktoberfast making it on two weekends.

i agree completely Jason, it is going to be a long night, and SAS does mess up their show running it on 2 different weekends, i was wondering what the ticket price for this extravaganza is going to run?? thats alot of payout if u ask me. i question TSRS squeezing that date between 2 race dates, that will be 3 races in a row and 4 out 5 weeks, but overall im not complaining should be an interesting night to say the least.

WAY TO GO GUYS IT CAN ONLY BE THE START OF SOMETHING GREAT , YOU BOTH ARE MAKING THE WHOLE RACING COMMUNITY HAPPY THANKS FROM ISON MOTORSPORTS ( TO ERR IS HUMAN, TO FORGIVE IS DEVINE) WADDY,,,, PRETTY SOON IT,S GOING TO BE BORING AROUND HERE NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT,

Guest The_Greek
OH,AND GREEK DON,T WORRY ABOUT 3 WEEKENDS IN A ROW I THINK WE CAN MAKE IT..... I THINK WE ALL HAVE BEEN WANTING THIS,

lol waddell im not going to worry about the 3 in a row, i just hope the majority of you show for the CC date which is the 1st of the 3 :)

This is great news. Thanks to everybody involved for getting this done. I hope the race in CC on the 18th is a clean one so everybody can make it. Is it possible to get the racing started earlier? Don't want to keep the neighbors up ALL night.

I'm guessing that the TSRS cars will have to meet the db requirements? What are the guys in the LM class doing to meet it? Any way to check that before we come up?

If I were one of the TSRS teams, I would be coming up on Saturday nights getting my car db checked, working on setups and getting some racing in on the track before the Spectacular. At least you would know if your under the db limits and if not, get some suggestions from the local guys about their muffler systems. It will be a lot easier to do it now than to wait till the night of the big race.

Greg that is a good point and not just that the LM are racing at THR for the next 2 weekends correct? This will not only help the TSRS drivers figure out the track but It will also let the fans see whats to come at the big race. Chuck who is going to be the big sponsor for this race that night for the LM's? The SS is going to be A-Line for the Oct-2nd race. Is there a big time sponsor for this night?

Chuck who is going to be the big sponsor for this race that night for the LM's?

Jay,

Mary Ann and TSRS are searching for a sponsor for the TSRS race at Thunder Hill..

As for the entire night..we have a couple folks we're talking to right now. I'll release it when we can confirm something.

Archived