Possible end of quartermidget track at commanche park

electric1

Let me start with a big THANK YOU to everyone who has supported the Lone Star Quarter Midget Assoc. with our attempt to save the quarter midget track at comanche park. It is apparent that many phone calls and emails reached Commissioner Tommy Adkisson's office with his appearance on Trey Ware's talk show this morning. It seems that the county is willing to take another look at the situation and work with LSQMA to retain the facility and work with the club to have a relationship going forward. They have set up another meeting with the club for Monday at 1:30 to discuss these issues. With that being said we feel that a support rally at the track this Saturday will not be necessary at this time. We will keep everyone posted on the outcome of the meeting. Again THANK YOU all very much for your support!!!

Sincerely,

Dennis Ross

LSQMA President

Once in a while I actually get to feel good about investing so much time, effort and money into this site. You can thank all our advertisers for keeping it up and running. I would not be able to keep this place up and running without their support.

Nick

Seriously Nick.. is there a Upgrade that gives ya a like button!

It's the upgrade part that'll kill ya! Last time we upgrade the forum software it took several cyber-nerds and lots of bucks to undo all the "unofficial" upgrades that someone had made to our "official" forum software. Lots of fun.

If I can locate the financial backing to pay for an upgrade I'll consider your suggestion.

Nick

Any word on this? I had so much going on with my mom that I lost track...

WELL FROM WHAT I HEARD LASTNIGHT THINGS DONT LOOK THAT GOOD I BELIEVE THEIR GOING TO BE ABLE TO RACE NEXT YEAR BUT AFTER THAT THE COUNTY WILL BE PUTTING THE TRACK UP FOR BID FOR OTHERS TO USE TO. THAT CAME FROM SOMEONE WHO WAS AT THE MEETING YESTERDAY AND CALLED ME LASTNIGHT. :ph34r:

Hey all...PLEASE keep me up to date on this issue...email me at tracksmackwithdawn@yahoo.com

I posted on my fb pages and twitter pages and I also have sent to several guys I know very well in the NASCAR and Indy circuts that have run here in the past. May not be a lot of help, but I will do my best to get the word out.

One more thing... I've known Tommy for a long time and there is not better man to go to on these issues. He is wonderful

• 8 years later...
17 minutes ago, Josh42 said:

This issue has reared its ugly head again.  The city is saying that the area of comanche park where the track resides no longer meets several statutory requirements of State law.  

There is a movement already going to try and right this.

Josh, any idea what the actual issues are?  I know that gov't entities can make life very miserable for racing facilities having witnessed 1st hand what the City of San Antonio did to San Antonio Speedway a few years back.

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

Josh, any idea what the actual issues are?  I know that gov't entities can make life very miserable for racing facilities having witnessed 1st hand what the City of San Antonio did to San Antonio Speedway a few years back.

One issue was because the insurance didnt list Bexar county and USAC has already remedied this. The other items they dont know.  The president of the club was working on it.

The track has been there for 61 years and as of right now 11/29 i believe is when their lease is up