Trey Mitchell set for PASS "Over the Mountain 150" event at

Trey Mitchell Back behind the Wheel at Hickory with a New Look Courtesy of Graphix Unlimited

Mooresville, NC 10/25/11- This weekend Texas native Trey Mitchell plans to do what he’s only done twice so far this season, and that’s compete behind the wheel of his familiar #47 super late model as the PASS South series makes their way to the Hickory Motor Speedway for the Over the Mountain 150. Mother Nature and mechanical gremlins have forced Mitchell on the sidelines much of the 2011 season after finishing fifth in PASS South series points standing just a year ago.

However, with a new look and quality time spent on his fleet of super late models he’s confident Saturday night’s race at the Hickory Motor Speedway, a track that’s been good to the youngster over the years, could produce a solid results at the end of the 150 lap event.

“Its disappointing that this weekend is only our third time on the track in 2011, but times are tough and when you are your own sponsor that happens. Really though this should be about my fifth time racing, but rain at Newport and a blown motor in practice at Gresham cut our day short from even seeing the green flag wave,” said Mitchell. “It will take a few laps of practice to get in groove and knock the rust, from then it will be like riding a bike, you never really forget how.”

It will probably take fans and competitors alike half of practice to notice that Mitchell is in competition on the weekend, as he will unload a red, white, and blue #47 machine designed by Graphix Unlimited. The colorful #47 Express Energy/Graphix Unlimited Ford Fusion will hit the third mile bullring after a partnership between Graphix Unlimited owner and part time PASS South competitor Bradley McCaskill came together many months ago for Mitchell to fly the Graphix Unlimited colors. For Trey whose cars have been a plain black dating back to his first super late model race it’s a welcomed change.

“The new look is freakin awesome! I’ve always wanted to do something with some color on the car I’ve just never been able to because we always have to work on other stuff. I think a good looking car goes a long ways in your professional image for both me and my sponsors. I have to give a huge thanks to Bradley for his support, and hopefully at the end of 150 laps everyone at the track is taking pictures of it in victory lane,” stated Mitchell.

With the 2011 season coming to an end the focus for the 2012 season is just around the corner. To see how you can be involved with the Trey Mitchell Racing team in 2012 visit their website at www.treymitchellracing.com. For sponsorship information and public relations related issues contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at 704.499.6759 or cragle02@yahoo.com.

Archived