Battery Tech..great report.

L8Apex

call it my sick scense of knowing, but i knew you were gonna say that as soon as i saw this thread.i'm beginning to know you too well...

ask him if he's got some catalogs or atleast a toll free #....i to am kidding l8apex(cool name)but i would'nt construted that as a salesman's name...

call it my sick scense of knowing, but i knew you were gonna say that as soon as i saw this thread.i'm beginning to know you too well...

CH - I must be getting too predictable and you are too clever...

ITA with SCCA?.....or did you last year....if so, we know alot of the same people...

L8 - Who's stalking whom? We may know some of the same people , but they probably don't like me much cause I spank their ass when I show up...well except for one freaky groupie chick from Houston, she likes it, but that's a different kind of deal...I am pretty sure they generally think I'm way past crazy...but I put on a good show...

Seriously, anyone who helps us race anything, anywhere is good people to me...lots of them there and here...

I started doing the circle track thing this year...more races, different kind of fun...and for some reason it costs a lot less to go faster if you don't turn right...I still hit the road courses when I can...sometimes I still just gotta turn right...

But the road course people don't have an active board like TMZ where you can advertise your tupperware and other racing solutions and I can mess with people like you! Yes, I use a battery. Thanks for the info.

TWS - Yes, so many places have closed, that's about the only place left besides TMS. SCCA has races there about once a month with different track configurations. They have public dates where you can take any kind of car. http://www.texasworldspeedway.com TMS is very hard to get a date, 2 a year at TMS if we're lucky, but its cool when we do. We get to use NASCAR 3&4 and all the front stretch. Motorsports ranch is OK, just wish it was around here.

That's why I get pissed when people bash the tracks...despite how popular NASCAR is, the local tracks/racing options are an endangered species.

Started w/Trucks this year and adding a LM/TSRS...like the TSRS concept...but don't care as long as I get to race...just like everyone else here, I'll race a shopping cart, go cart, whatever, whenever.

TWS - All kinds of cars and all kinds of track configurations...it is different lengths from 1.7-2.9 miles

SCCA has 5-7 races per day, grouped by speed...the top group is GT-1...Trans am cars are the fasted...late models have to race in that class...they get beat by about 2 laps in a 17 lap race on a 2 mile course (750hp vs 400hp)

On road courses I drive Formula Mazda's (open wheel, wings, slicks) and IT Cars ($ 10,000-40,000 Zcars, RX7's, cheap porsche's, slow corvettes - converted to race cars w/modified suspensions, stripped out interiors, roll cages, fuel cells, performance parts, etc) mine is on the cheap end...or at least it started out that way!!!

So what would be considered a respectable time on the 2.9 mile course in say an rx7 or an M3 with some mods,not full race? Just curious as to what they would run when it is dry. Like I said it was wet when i was there and 2:05 or in that area was the fastest i timed and I believe it was an M3.

2:05 in the Wet....how wet? street car? meaning no cage, two seats, etc etc etc..full interior? Street exhaust, etc etc....

depending on how wet, anywhere from 10-12 seconds slower than in the dry....more or less....

i remember that ITA ran the 2.9 back in november...

Good Show 29

http://www.sowdivscca.org/raceresults/2003...enduro/grp1.pdf

comparison in gt1, 2, 3...etc..

http://www.sowdivscca.org/raceresults/2004...0215/Group3.pdf

forgot to say about this weekend....it was freakin cold....in the 30's-40's.....so take that into account..

so not too shaby in the wet....who knows? lot of different variables....

Rookie of the Year last year running 50% of the races- (I own 50% of the car)

If I raced 100% of the time I would own the class-no arguements from anyone on that.

ALWAYS first in ITA RX7's - no one can beat me there in comp equipment

NEVER a finish worse than fourth in class (got DQ'd for noise once)

Last race 1st in ITA RX7's, 1st in class, 1st overall

Sometimes I start scratch just to pass everyone.

Ask anyone who has to race against me.

Prepare to be SPANKED!!!

hahaha...and Formula Mazda...yea right whatever...anytime anything L8tex...I'll be the king of whatever your driving...what do you drive smart guy...the two wheel rice burner stuff...what's your record...

Now get back to work and sell this guy a battery and find me a nice Tony Stewart t-shirt while your at it!!!!

I need rubber boots cause the [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/27/04] sure is getting high in here. 29LL, I doubt you could go jump in a StreetStock or a Latemodel or modified and dominate. Go buy 1 of the 3 I listed and we will see how damn good you are.

Archived