TSRS cars at THR

car05

car05

There have been several TSRS cars racing at THR this year.

I don't think you will see the H-town guys come race for

a regular 30 lap feature it is to far for to little.I have seen

some of the TSRS cars from SA racing the last couple of

weeks,as well as Tommy Gural,and Mike Jones.I have not

ran any TSRS races this year and have only made it out to,

the track that I'm cursed at,THR for 4 races before the motor

went bye bye.

If you want to get some car count what about an extra $50 entry

fee split between the top 3 or 4 finishers,and run 75 or 100 laps

no heat races and draw for position.Or maybe tell the H-town guys

you'll grill some T-bones if they make the trip.

What about a change attitude toward TSRS

Attitude? Look at the facts.

1)THR does not schedule the THR Late Models on nights that TSRS is running.

2)THR has offered to lease the track to TSRS in the past and this year as well.

3)THR is currently in discussions with TSRS for a date later in the year.

4)The decision not to book TSRS in 2004 was a business decision.

Comments like yours can only hurt and do nothing to help those of us who are attempting to build whatever bridges still need to be built between the two organizations.

Nick Holt

Guest texracer

Im not so sure about the 50.00 entry fee or 75-100 laps. That may detour TSRS cars in fear of wearing out equipment for thier series. (ie tires, engines, etc.) The heat races and 30 lap mains are a way to try different things and also look for problems.Our guys enjoyed the hell out of coming there for the past two lm races. We liked the fact that they were shorter races.We will also be able to run tires for two or three races, we think. We also use a lot less fuel.We wont make it this weekend we will be in Pencicola racing. We hope to be there for the rest of the season or until it is not financially feasible anymore and a 100 lapper would probably push it to that level for our team. For a better car count TSRS teams will just have to do what we did. Just try it for a week or two and see if they like it. We did, it was a lot of fun and not near the cost or work with running the series. Dont get me wrong we love the series and wouldnt stop running it over anything else.Just my 2 cents.

Jamie Fuller

One thing that I believe would hurt the effort to get these cars is going to the 10" tire. With TSRS on the 8" tire, this would mean keeping a special set of tires around for THR. If SAS ran the 8" tire, I think they would have more cars running their weekly show.

Guest texracer

Racerpete2 I believe you are perfectly correct. 10in. tires would kill TSRS cars from running there, atleast mine. Sure hope they stay on 8in. so we can continue to race there.

I have heard that SAS latemodels could not be as competitive and the racing would be terrible if they went to 8" tires. I would disagree. It might slow them down but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It might allow for more passing. Now whether the Nascar sanction allows it is a different matter and I know nothing of that. After all they ran 200 at talledega 35 years ago on less tire than the late models are running today. I think that something that would improve racing every where would be a class that basically required a factory frame, allowed only factory suspension parts with the exception of shocks, brakes and springs, either a factory body or an aftermarket that fit factory templates, allowed 9" fords, no quick change, late model class motor, no degreed headers and 8" tires. Basically a late model from 30 years ago. Would supply good racing, higher level than the hobby, sportsman class but still a stock car, unlike a latemodel of today. Not saying replace the late models, just add a class.

What about a 40 lap race? 2-15 cars regular purse. 15-20 cars regular purse + 20%. 20+ cars regular purse + 30%

I dont know if the track would even consider this, but I bet they would if it would help get cars to the track.

nick how about this!!!!!!!! dont burn the bridges that has helped thr in the past.......give them the dates they want to run not the dates they are running some place else......like the spacecity 125 date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 dollars more for the top 10 sounds good. it would bring in more cars. bigger latemodel shows would have to advertised more then 2 weeks. that would also help...

I have planned to come out but it seems that everytime I say I am going to come out something happens. We were going to be there this weekend but I had to take the motor out because it over heated when someone took me out at the end of the race. We got a dead cylinder. I guess thats racing though. We had such a good car that we wanted to see what it did at Thunderhill.

I still plan on coming out, just not sure when. I have been wanting to run there, it just seems like the powers are against me. I will cross my fingers and hope I can come out soon. I would like to come out before the SA race which in next August.

LM #3

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
1)THR does not schedule the THR Late Models on nights that TSRS is running.
And I think the Drivers & Crews appreciate this & so does TSRS.

2)THR has offered to lease the track to TSRS in the past and this year as well.
Oh my goodness, Nick!
From previous post: Nick, I think it is important to inform these fine folks that the date offered to TSRS was one of the dates that THR choose not to run due to ROMCO Super Late Models being @ TMS! Obviously that would not have been a very good business decision wouldn't you agree or THR would have been running that weekend.

3)THR is currently in discussions with TSRS for a date later in the year.
Well, we may be, but we are running out of time, wouldn't you agree, if we properly want to promote it.

Sincerely,

Mary Ann

I dont know about you people out there but it really sounds like Maryann would love to come back to THR. Really sounds like she is ready to start promoting this but THR is not moving on it. I would love to see them in the race in OCT. but I would also like to see the stands full a few times during the season. I think it is a win win situation. Nick you say that THR listens to the drivers well here you go it looks like the drivers are speaking and nothing is getting done so Nick lets get-er-done. Would it take the drivers here to come up with the money to make a deal with THR on renting the track one night so we could have TSRS back at THR?

charlie came out to me one night after a few beers????

i told him to cram that stuff back in the closet-i guess he did???

Mary Ann,

As you know and everyone else knows, it really boils down to the ownership of TSRS and THR not some peon like myself. I've done all I know how to do to "get-'er done. I guess I'm not as good a bridge builder as I hoped.

Nick Holt

ok.. here is a quick hitter about the stands.. yes i have been gone for a while.. but saturday night.. they were the fullest i have seen this season.. especially for just the Pro Sedans.. and Street, Hobby, Grand..... So i don't sit at the gate and count.. *(I know someone does) but I think you have to say attendance is a LOT better than when we had rain outs and the beginning of the season...

Archived