IMCA MODS & MECHANICS RACE

NeilTPS

IMCA Modifieds & Mechanics Race at I-37 Speedway - July 23rd

Pleasanton, Texas -

Track General Manager Frank Torres has announced that “Friday night July 23rd will be a new event at I-37 Speedway which will feature the IMCA Modifieds, two other racing classes and the first Mechanics Race of the season”.

Gates open at 4:00pm on Friday, July 23rd. The racing program starts at 8:30pm. The I-37 Speedway racing program will include the following featured classes:

IMCA Modifieds…Limited Late Model…Pure Stocks…and

The first I-37 Speedway “Mechanics Race” of the 2004 season.

Heat and Feature Races will be held for each classification. The “Mechanics Race” will utilize Limited Late Model or Pure Stock driven by their own mechanics.

Promoter Joe Horne has announced “after last week off, I-37 Speedway will again host 30 U.S. servicemen who were wounded in Iraq. The military personnel are all patients at Brooke Army Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston. They will be transported to I-37 Speedway by Army bus and coordinated by I-37s Jim Phillips”.

I-37 Speedway is a quarter mile oval dirt track located on the east side I-37 exactly 30 miles south of the Interstate 37 and Loop 410 interchange.

Racing fans from San Antonio, Corpus Christi and other South Texas areas should take exit # 104 (Leal Road) proceed south on the east frontage road and follow the signs to I-37 Speedway. Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on http://www.i-37speedway.com

or call 210/534-1898 or track office at 210/532-5421.

I-37 Speedway Admission Prices:

Adult Grandstand - $ 10

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25

Children ages 7 to 11 years - $ 3

Children ages 6 and under – FREE

Just talked to Frank at I-37 Speedway. Work has been completed on the track. He says the I-37 Speedway race surface is in great shape for tonights race.

A small shower is about 25 miles south of the track. If it moves north on I-37, a quick wet-down would help Frank avoid the traditional watering truck run.

Archived