CC Speedway procedures?

Jason

Hey guys,

Great night a racing in Corpus. For those who didn't come down you missed out. What is the procedure involving cars that bring out cautions? Is it all involved? Is it whoever causes it? Just wondering because in Super Street it appeared the 45 was spun around by the 34 and the 45 was sent to the back. Then the 91 spun the 34 and the 91 was sent to the back. The rulings didn't line up. I know with 18 cars it can sometimes be hard to see everything going on. Just want to know what the official CCMS rule is on cautions with the cars involved.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason,

Wasn't there last night, so I can not comment on those exact calls, however, wanted to let you know that CC Motor Speedway policy is to send the driver that caused the caution to the rear of the field for the restart. There have been times this year to where the car that was appearently spun by another car gets sent to the rear of the field. The key here is that the driver who "caused" the caution gets sent to the rear, not just any car that makes contact and spins another car. For example, if a second place car drives hard into turn one and slams the first place car, the driver in first gets squirrly, the second place driver checks up and then the third place driver has no where to go and gets into the second place car and spins him. "Who caused the caution?" If we determine that the third place car did everything he could to avoid the second place car, then it is determined that the second place car "caused" the caution. These are all judgement calls agreed upon by the officials before a call is made. Now if the second place car checks up and the third place car never gets on the brakes or trys to avoid him, then there is a possibility that both cars can be sent to the back. There have been a couple of times this year that two cars involved in an accident have both been sent to the back. This kind of accident would be considered mutual. I hope this may clear up what happened on Saturday night.

well i know that last night was some good racing but 34 didnt deserve win that race. he did spin out and theres was no caution for that the caution was throwin cause 0 spun but some how cryin 34 got his spot back and then start his dirty driven on 71 clayton carter which im suprise clayton didnt do somethin about. pretty [edited by Nick Holt, 7/20/04] call for tha race a car that didnt deserve to win did. dont get me wrong greg jr can drive but most of its dirty.

well i know that last night was some good racing but 34 didnt deserve win that race. he did spin out and theres was no caution for that the caution was throwin cause 0 spun but some how cryin 34 got his spot back and then start his dirty driven on 71 clayton carter which im suprise clayton didnt do somethin about. pretty [edited by Nick Holt, 7/20/04] call for tha race a car that didnt deserve to win did. dont get me wrong greg jr can drive but most of its dirty.

Sounds like you're the one doing the whining. I have the whole race on tape and Greg Jr. didn't cause the wreck with Clare, Clare got loose and Greg had no where to go. That is why Clare went to the back. And I have it very clearly where Grantz spun Greg out and within the same lap Chris Blazak was spun and that is why Greg got his spot back. And I also got Greg's pass of Clayton on tape and guess what, Greg didn't hit him there either. Clayton slipped up and Greg got his nose under. Why don't you ask Clayton? His car was starting to get loose towards the end. It's nice how everyone calls Greg a whiner and then procedes to whine about him. :rolleyes: And if you don't believe me, find me on Saturday and I'll show you the tape.

OK here it goes, first of all for you who havn't figured it out this is Steve Grantz #91 (aka "the shrimp").

The call the track made on me spinning Jr. was the right call. I got into him going in and then tried to let him gather it up, but i made a bad judgement call trying to slide under him before he had fully corrected. This caused me to hit him again and turn him around. So i deserved what i got, I have apologized to Jr. and am sorry to my fans.

As for the other calls that night I wasn't involved, but I'm sure there were some mistakes made.

But, as I have said before I sure as hell don't want the job of making all the calls on a saturday night at a tight bull ring like CCMS.

If you think you can do better, then I'm sure Owen can always use the Help.

:ph34r: Yes Owen is doing a great job. I havent seen this track that lively in years. Great racing & good crowd! But is hard to make a judgment call in a split second with 20 cars flying around the track bumper to bumper in 3 or 4 different packs. Bottom line is the 34 car took out the 45 car just like he always does. Thats not the tracks fault thats just history repeating itself and he should have been put to the rear of the field..

Next time I go to CC I want to see your "video". I will let you know when.

I will have it ready for you. I know I do have my favorites, but I do call them out when the do something wrong, no matter what you think. I watched that tape 10 times and Clare locked his tire going into the turn, causing him to go up into another car, Sam Duncan, and Greg Jr. had no where to go, so yeah, he did hit him in the back, but it was, by no means, dirty driving and I will prove it to you. I even watched in slow motion to be sure. Even my father, who wasn't there and isn't affiliated with the Carlucci's said the same thing.

:ph34r: Yes Owen is doing a great job. I havent seen this track that lively in years. Great racing & good crowd! But is hard to make a judgment call in a split second with 20 cars flying around the track bumper to bumper in 3 or 4 different packs. Bottom line is the 34 car took out the 45 car just like he always does. Thats not the tracks fault thats just history repeating itself and he should have been put to the rear of the field..

And how many cautions was the 45 car involved in? Did you even try to count? The was definately a pattern and Greg wasn't in EVERY one of them.

tx trouble u need to get gregs (edited by Jason) and focus on the race more yeah maybe steve spun him but the leaders had already passed him there for he goes a lap down. after chris spun the yellow came and yeah chris didnt pass greg before he spun but the leader did. and i did talk to clayton after the race i know clayton we are good friends. and he was kinda upset that greg was hitting the crap out of him. i was right there in turnes 3@4 when it happen. gregs just a cheatin cryin racer who gets all teared up when he looses.

and steve i think that was bada$$ when u spun greg do it again lol

Apparently you ALL need some cheese to go with your whine. I am sure not one of you knows what goes on behind the scenes or how the decisions are made to make the calls. Owen and his track staff are doing a great job and they DO NOT play favorites with ANY of the drivers. And you people that think you know how to count the laps and score a race are welcome to come to the press box and try it.

I am sure it is not easy to keep track of line up and scoring. That is another job I would not want. Do all tracks have a problem with this or is there a better way. I don't see to many people posting about this problem at the other local tracks and they are bigger tracks. I am not being a smart a#$ just asking. I just know that has been a problem you hear about often and not just this season.

Maybe it is the lighting at CC. I have heard it is darker then other tracks. I don't know.

Just asking.

First of all the size of the track is exactly the problem. 20 cars on a 1/4 mile bull ring compared to 20 cars on a 3/8 to 1/2 mile race track. it makes it more difficult.

Don't congratulate me for spinning someone and taking myself out of the race. I had a good chance to win and I screwed up. So when i win by racing around my competitors then I will be more than happy to except your cheers. I didn't spin him on purpose, as I said in my previous post it was a bad judgement call on my part, and my tape only showed it more clearly.

So i hope to see all of you at the races next week.

Steve #91

not whining just stating facts jr went a lap down and i know theres no favortism never said there was. o well no big deal everyone has there opinion,and my opinion is he was a lap down and didnt deserve to win. and i hope he dont win track champ. i rather see grantz someone who drives clean and earns a win the right way.

clayton if read this get him booooooy

Well John and I still have receipts from all the parts and repair bills he's cost us in the past,and videos.I can see that since Owen and Doc have taken over the operations of the track ALL calls have been fair and consistent,and have shown no favoritism to any one driver.

Archived