Big win for Hudak

ttr67

Congrats Brad on your win you survived a very hot rough night...

Guys if you want to moan and groan about the race create another post for it instead of draging this out on Brad. Of the 20+ posts so far on this thread only 4 or 5 congratulate Brad the rest [Edited by myself to save Nick the trouble] are mostly complaints and stabs at TSRS. Brad did what he was supposed to do and kept himself out of trouble. Cant wait to see all the TSRS folks at SAS.

In regards to the track cleanup the oil was not only on the frontstretch in onle location it acually had 2 lines of oil and I believe that there was oil in 1-2 all the way to the backstretch depending on if Brian broke anything under the car after his flight. In regards to the 43, 44, and 48 cars - 43 was involved in an incident in turn 2 with Don Fowler (29) where the frame rail and body were wedged between Fowlers radiator and motor after a short flight as well. I didnt have a stopwatch on it but it took quite awhile for them to figure out how to get Jamie's car off Don's. #44 Damon Bean had another motor expire during practice (6 for the year) and was able to borrow one from Brad I think after all that they fought problems on the car all night. #48 Pat Lyon ran consistantly and even though a few laps down to the leaders was able to keep the fenders on it and drive in with a top 10 finish. I am also glad to see that Michael Jones in the #27 car was able to start the race after an incident in qualifing and having his crew chief succumb to either heat exhaustion or heat stroke while repaing the car. I am also glad that Lloyd was feeling better after similar problems after the race. Most of the cars during practice and qualifing ran few laps out there on the track before the laps due to heat and chasing set-ups. I saw some tire temps in the 215 to 230 range after talking to different drivers and crews. I know there were a few teams that threw 10 or more spring combinations at the track trying to find that right setup before the race. Im just glad that everyone made it out ok and once again see you all in SA.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Now, that is what I am talking about, great job Marc! By the way, once the call was made that the #13 car was found to be at fault, he too, like the 00, took it like a man, Ian, thank you and your team for being a part of TSRS! Also, upon leaving the race track we saw the #11 car pulled off of the road with a flat tire on his trailer, who was out there helping him ... yes the #13, the gentleman found at fault with the incident with 00 & 11!

Once again, Brad, great, smart driving (now, how do you like them dice?) just had a give you a little tease, please don't respond, LOL. Hope to see everyone in San Antonio on the 14th of August! Have a great week. B)

Mary Ann...you guys definately made the correct call in calling the race. There was no way that the crowd was going to stick around for the clean up. They had a pretty good crowd out there too! Also...I think that it was appropriate in the way that you scored the race. I was mentioning to my wife (the boss) as we were driving home, how difficult and perhaps controversial it could be. You did a GREAT job as usual.

Brad...since there was such meihem out there, perhaps TSRS should just run the entire race again. What do you think? Hey...there were probably only 2 or 3 cars that could circle the track at the end anyway. I bet Mikey would even go for that!

Hey...I think (yes...I have been accused of having a brain at least once in my life), that this was the first win for someone that did not have a KAM motor in their car this year. Time to start a new streak JP and Mikey!

Stick

TTR125 #67

CR250 #85

congrats brad, good job. we should of just started scratch, car would probally be in one piece and would of gotten a top 5 more than likely. oh well as they say that is racing, hopefully we will be ready for sas. good luck to everyone.

big john

Go HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDAK! Great job! Wish we couldv'e been there. I wasn't there, but from the sounds of things that went on TSRS did the right thing by calling the race. Keep it up Mary Ann! -Tim

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

First off, thank you krusty-rusty for asking that your original comments be removed. I also wanted to acknowledge that I realize that the final results have not been posted, as Paula, who is our Director of Electronic Scoring, also got sick from the heat and is recovering (if you were not there, you cannot imagine what it was like!) When we had made the finial decision on what lap to complete the race, the system was already logged off and packed up and then she went home and that is when she got really sick, Paula, we hope you are feeling better. As soon as I have them, I will get them to Nick for posting, thank you to everyone for your patience. Hopefully, all of those that were overcome from the heat are feeling better today! :)

FYI-I edited it, saw a couple of typo's in there I needed to correct!

any1 know what happend to #1 Ronny New

He broke. Not sure what broke, but he pulled off fairly early.

It was nice seeing the defending champ out there though. Hope he has better luck the next time.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Archived