Big win for Hudak

ttr67

It looks like Brad Hudak won the TSRS race in Houston Saturday night...or did he? Hmmm??? He did not take the checkered flag...at least under power. Perhaps they gave him the win just like some say that they gave President Bush the victory in Florida. We are in Texas...right? Maybe some people infiltrated in from Florida. What do you think?

Just pullin your leg Brad! U guys did a GREAT job out there tonight...both during the race and in qualifying. I was glad to see that nobody got hurt with all of the beatin and bangin goin on. Heck...I think that I may be safer on my MX bikes than in one of those cars tonight!

Stick

TTR125 #67

CR250 #85

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

In the scheduled 75 green flap race, going into lap 73 there was a huge accident involving car #13, 00 and the 11 car on the front straightway, leaving oil from turn 4 to turn 1, it was decided to call the race! All drivers were OK which was our first concern! We called everyone over and explained the final decision. When it was over, it was applauded by all & we were personally thanked by many!!!!!!

We finally decided, to go back to the last completed green flag lap, that being lap # 72, by going back to the last completed green flag lap, I said to scoring, if we were going to run the race any further give me the line up, they did, we made the call that the 13 caused the accident, so put him to the rear, that put the top 6 being 04, 00, 11, 5, 13 & 50. We penalized 00 one position for his behavior on the track, which he appologized. This making the top 6 being 04, 11, 00, 5, 13, 50.....

Sincerely,

Mary Ann Naumann

Guest The_Greek
In the scheduled 75 green flap race, going into lap 73 there was a huge accident involving car #13, 00 and the 11 car on the front straightway, leaving oil from turn 4 to turn 1, it was decided to call the race! All drivers were OK which was our first concern! We called everyone over and explained the final decision. When it was over, it was applauded by all & we were personally thanked by many!!!!!!

We finally decided, to go back to the last completed green flag lap, that being lap # 72, by going back to the last completed green flag lap, I said to scoring, if we were going to run the race any further give me the line up, they did, we made the call that the 13 caused the accident, so put him to the rear, that put the top 6 being 04, 00, 11, 5, 13 & 50. We penalized 00 one position for his behavior on the track, which he appologized. This making the top 6 being 04, 11, 00, 5, 13, 50.....

Sincerely,

Mary Ann Naumann

so why was the race called 3 laps from the finish? was it cause it would be a lenghty cleanup? was the race running to late in the evening? i wasnt there just wondering why the race didnt resume? sounds a bit odd.

crazyhorse, there was only 6 cars left,they were all on lead lap I think.You would have had to be there to believe it .It wasn't just TSRS you would have thought it was a full moon,there was trouble in most all classes.

Congrats Brad, you were overdue. As a spectator for the last part of the race I think TSRS made the right call at the end. They followed published rules and exercised good judgement in situations that fell outside those boundries.

I attribute the number of on-track incidents to the heat. It was an exceedingly hot and humid Houston day and the black asphalt and very little breeze makes that place an open air oven. One crew member suffered heat exhaustion that required medical attention and I'd bet there were at least a dozen other guys on the verge. I felt a little sick from the heat more than once myself. Both the incidents I was involved in were caused by cars not able to check up in time as I slowed for a caution. Overheated, tired drivers have slower reaction times. jp

Last night in the bomber race at ccms a car (one of our very own tsz farmers!) put oil just about all the way around the track and they cleaned it up in record time. Turn 4 to turn 1 is nothing unless you dont have a decent clean up crew. Freddy Malik sp? and the crew at CCMS can do the whole track in under 10 minutes. Those guys are awesome.

Congrats to you too Brad.

Sounds like Jeff summed it all up for us that where not there and for those that might not understand.

I talked to Stacy this morning and she too said it was very hot in Houston. I told her it was hot here to, so I could only imagine how it must have felt there.

All the racers need to remember this before they race next time and drink lots of "water".

It didn't tell her, I did. LOL

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
yeah its pretty miraculous that cars that can't even drive off under their own power can finish 2nd and 3rd. If we wait 2 or 3 days can we keep on crying and get the official results changed again.
krusty_rusty you have certainly disappointed me at times with some of your post, but you have out done yourself this time! As a member on a TSRS team, you are one of the 10% that felt the decision was unfair, obviously you were not there or if you were, you were not listening when the decision was announced & applauded from the very large group waiting. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time. krusty, I would assume, had your car been one of those involved in that incident, and not deemed at fault, YOU would have appreciated going back to that last completed green flag lap!
How many cars started the race?
22 cars there & 21 started.

Freddy Malik sp? and the crew at CCMS can do the whole track in under 10 minutes. Those guys are awesome.
Jason, I am with you, CCMS has one of the best I have ever witnessed, I like to give credit where credit is due. As far as clean up of the oil, there was more cleanup than just oil, anyone that thinks the very large attendance of HMSP Race Fans wanted to sit through that doesn't know race fans! I do not think it could have been summed it up any better than JP's post. Congratulations Brad!
What did Beau do to get penalized
He was involved in the accident, not found at fault, got out of his car on the front straightway expressing his frustration very verbally, he was docked one position as the penalty. I would like to add that Beau personally apologized to me & several others for his behavior in front of the Race Fans & the children, mostly for the children. He took his penalty, made his apologies & is ready to move on to the next race, which I might add, the BIG ROMCO Equipment Company night of racing @ SAS August 14th! Along with TSRS, the ROMCO Super LM & the All Star Trucks! B)

Jason,

Another factor in track cleanup is concrete is much harder to clean, and therefore takes a lot longer; as much as 2-3 times longer to clean than asphalt.

Archived