"Drifting"

grs51

I don't know that I have heard of any tracks that do this but it's one of those California things set up in a parking lot or similar area. Basically, drive turn and gas to get the tail out in a power oversteer. Hold the tail out as long as you can "drifting" without looping it. I guess the winner is determined by who has the biggest tire bill at the end of the day. It's kind of like high school burnout contests only sideways.:):)

Seems to be mostly RWD rice rockets, at least that's what I have seen on TV. No reason any other RWD couldn't compete as well..

i saw this on tv last week and it looked like a blast to do-running a tight laid out course with sweeping left and right turns -trying to run it as fast as you can with the ass end hanging out the whole time-from what i saw tires on the rear dont last very long-one car i saw was a new GTO that was built to do drifting-he sure had a lot of sponsors on the car-

Yes they were doing it at HMS and it was a sucess,however as usuall insurance got involved and as we know insurance runs your business not you.

Lloyd

also legacy- insurance dictates your LIFE-more than business-after fighting them for the last several years -I found that out -get an uncureable illness and the fight is on- they take your $$$ every month-but when they have to pay-get ready to rumble-angry:

Yes you don't have to tell me,I had a wreck 30 years ago and became a parapligic, I know to well about fighting them on a personal bases as well as on the business front.

Lloyd

Archived