Headers

outlaw_stck

Like Chuck said, you would have to tell us what the motor was breathing out of previously before anyone could guess. And even then it would only be an educated guess unless you posted alot of information about the motor.

As a general rule, smaller tubes/collector will improve bottom end torque.

1 5/8" primaries might be a good choice if this is on a race motor, but you may want to find some 1 1/2" primary headers if they are for a street motor.

cs

MOTOR

Edelbrock EPS performer Intake w/ 500 cfm Edelbrock carb.

the rest of the motor is stock.

as far as the cam is concerned..im loocking at a couple, but i dont know alot about all that, so if anyone knows about valve train/cams, please let me know.

it has ram horn manifolds to dual 12'' glass packs coming out from behind the truck (its a SWB chevy)..the tubing runs from the manifolds about to the back of the cab.(where the glasspacks are) then from there , the tubing runs to the back of the truck.

This is probably a silly question, but it this your daily driver? I am not sure if you would want to get smaller than 1 5/8" primary, that is pretty much the standard for a street car/truck. Judging by your setup, 1 3/4 is way too big. I would go down to a maximum of 2 1/2 for the rest of the exhaust tubing after the collector. Anything bigger than that and you are going backwards... IMO.

Tim

Here is a pretty good article that will help you choose. I personally don't think you would notice a difference with either the 1 1/2" or 1 5/8" primaries and if it were my car with a lightly modded engine, I would go with 1 5/8"... JMO.

Tim

Selecting Header Sizes

• 2 weeks later...

Archived