One heck of a Hobby Stock race at THR

hobby74

Jay,

I thought the Hobby Stock feature last night was one of the best ever. You and David Hassinger put on one heck of a show with all that door-to-door racing. How many laps did you two go side-by-side? You held the inside line perfectly and David ran you clean on the outside. It was a shame anyone had to come in second. You both deserved to win.

Nick Holt

Nick,

The race started with about lap 5 with Gary Chanceller on the outside for a good 10 laps and then with David H. on the outside to take the win for the last 5 laps. There was no loosers in that race. Yeah I did finish 2nd and Gary finished 3rd but that is what is on the books. After 2 Long green flag runs and under caution Gary pulled up next to me under yellow to give me the thumbs up and I could not do nothing but show a great big smile and give him the thumbs up back. There was so much fun out there with such a clean running race and with tires that went away about half way from myself holding the car down to keep from sailing high into the guys running the outside. If I had to do it all over again, I would and like I said we all won from the drivers in the race to the officials catching bugs in there mouth (they could not belive they could actually watch a hell of a race) to most importantly the FANS standing up on there feet the whole race that I saw anyways ( I had to look over to see who was beside me at that time..lol). I might be labeled a Tony Stewart on the Track but I will race you clean if you race me clean and I will put on the best show I can at any given day.

Thank you for making Saturday night one of the best nights that I have ever had (besides winning the Championship),

Jay

74 Hobby

Nic you should be in the best mood anybody could be in. You held Probably the best show TEXAS has ever  had last night and still was not a real late finish of a race.

Jay,

No doubt Nick has a lot do with the success of Race Nights.

However, I want to make sure that all the folks get their appropriate due. So, if I may..

Brian and Jim own the track and do a great job keeping everything at the track running smooth on Race Nights...our officials work very hard in the corners (and a lot of times we're short-handed) and Kathy's scoring crew works hard up "in the box"...Tracie Callaway, Rebecca Cooper (CPA) and others do a superb job between the gate and the pits offices, as well as behind-the-scene works...Joey and the crew from Circle Track Smokers put out some of the best food on the short-track circuit - ANYWHERE!...Christy Ganem, Rhonda Toyne and Danielle Birmingham, along with some of the girls from the Revolution, do a great job helping me give away stuff to the crowd and selling THR merchandise--which raises money for YOUR DRIVERS' POINTS FUND...Jack Sandefur does a great job at Tech while David Mackey wears about 6 different hats in the pits and keeps the show moving..Vicki and the Hearbeat Ambulance, Chuck Nash Chevy cleanup crew (Wes and his Dirty Half-Dozen) and Assured Towing are spotlighted in the Opening Ceremonies in the Safety Parade for a very good reason..and last night certainly showed that the THR drivers, their crews and their families (along with our valued, beloved fans) are the true "stars" of our show..

No doubt I've forgotten several others, and I apologize to those folks ahead of time...

My point? This is a TEAM effort at THR..no one person gets the spotlight, because no one person could put on a show of such high caliber, like last night...

by the way, I agree with you--that was TRULY one of the best racing shows ever put on at a short track..

Great job to ALL! :D

Chuck I totally agree with you on that everybody there won last night but This post really did not start out like this I guess this is Nick's doing. All that I was to a comment that was made on another post. Sorry for the confussion but Nick is to blame ( acting like casey kane )..lol

Jay

ss36_tams37 no the car is still for sale and maybe I can join a new group of racers in a traveling series. I have my hopes up to do that someday.

Why is it...that the best-intentioned threads start out as compliments, but somehow there always ends up being some kind of bashing?

Jay (hobby74),

Great race last night, bro..between you and David H..the A-Line Auto Parts Street Stocks feature finish (congrats to Chris Birmingham for his first-ever feature win)...and the ROMCO finish, that WAS one of the best nights of racing I've been priviliged to be a part of.

Man put it this way since we finished our race earlier than usual and I actually got a chance to watch a race I can tell you that I cant wait until monday to tell everybody in the office what it was like. The street stock race man That was one hell of a race and yea abit to much damage than I like but what a finish to see what somebody on the mic called the Leander brothers to finish 1st and second was awesome. We know that the 4 car might have had a bit more motor that then the 9 car but to see the 4 car let his partner in crime take the win was awesome. I did not really care to see the tams cars I dont believe they really passed the DB reading ( I got one hell of a headache watching them). I was on my feet jumping then sitting and then jumping during the Romco race to see my boy Colt take the win and Hooks take 2nd man that could not get any better than that and at the same time see how happy a full house was during all of this. I had people in the stands lined up to shake my hand and let me tell you I am going to the smile doctor tomorrow to remove this grin it is kinda hurting after 24 hours...lol But anyways I hope we can get something going for the track after this last weekend. Chuck this might call for an emergency group apperance at a location that might get some fans. We want to keep the excitement up for this weekend and the following. So if you have a apperance that needs to be done count on me brother I will be there and I am sure others will follow.

I did not really care to see the tams cars I dont believe they really passed the DB reading ( I got one hell of a headache watching them).

Well, Jay, I sure am sorry you got a headache, but every TAMS car certainly did pass the dB test. Not once, but twice! I gave them a follow up by having Brian take additional dB tests during their qualifying runs to validate the original readings in case I anyone was sandbagging.

Nick Holt

This was a GREAT thread to read ... it said everything I was trying to communicate in the thread on the Romco race. Great comments on clean racing ...... Nick - loved the you both deserved first comment. No need to use the wall there and it - from what I have read - was the best to watch.

HUMMM......

I have heard a lot of positive comments on the racing at THR this weekend. I agree, everyone worked hard to pull it off.

I also think we need to give a big THANK YOU to Robert Mullins w/ROMCO for keeping the super-late model series of cars alive in Texas.

Thank you Mr. Mullins

Mel

Hobby 74 - Thanks for the positive and supportive racing comments directed towards me and about our street stock race. I watched the Hobby feature from the stands and man i don't believe there was one person sitting at the checker flag. Everyone was standing. Excellent race and a good clean race to boot!! I made the comment I didn't think THAT race (hobby feature) would be outdone. Little did I know the the street stock feature would turn out that same way. And with me a part of it!! If it wasn't for a couple of fast street stocks up front having problems (#3,#99,#5) sorry if i forgot anyone else, I don't believe our street stock feature would have been as exciting as the Hobby's. Who knows? I know all three of those guys were on a charge and flying. I was told #3 lead for a while and #5 was leading (I think) when the axle broke so again who knows??

I was just glad to part of it at the checkered flag!! Aw heck, so #9 won and #2 got second, I guess I'll settle for third this time. But watch out next week - I may not be so "nice" with all that "motor". lol.

yes that was a good race. I still have a smile on my face. To see 2 of the cars i help in the top three can put a smile on anybodys face. I think it is going to be different this week. the 4 car is going to the front again to win this time and not help somebody else win....... like the old saying goes you win some and then you help sombody win some . that was the case...... congrats to the 9 team for winning his first feature it was great. look in the rearview again the 4 car is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived