thr ss race

ups88john

what a race, bobby teer came from the back twice to finish second by a bumper. there was alot of clean racing(except when he tried to pass the 73 on the outside and was almost put in the wall three laps in a row). there was a ton of people and a bunch of cars, good nite of racing.

big john

how about crazyhorse from last row to leading in about 15 laps had it won before the axle broke.

not bad for first race back.

Shawn you are the man

You got that right, big john.

I know the "what if" game doesn't always work, but I think we had that race won until the car crapped out on us. The dang starter cable leaned over onto the header and grounded out against the header. The starter gear kept trying to engage the flyhweel causing the car to die during the race. Looks like the starter is toast - not sure about the flywheel yet.

Oh well, maybe next week. Great job to the 9, 2, and 4 cars. Great finish.

See you guys next week.

Chase

:angry: I would like to add to the "what ifs" of last night. What if the 3 car wouldn't have gotten shoved out of the way when going for the lead in 3? I can understand people not wanting us to get 3 in a row but that kind of racing has no place around here. The car that took us out busted the tire, knockd the toe out and beat the rear in. All I can say is what if things go different next week. By the way, good race going to the front Cary. We had them by reigns.

Clint LaFont

Congrats to the #9 team. Last nights show is what I think short track racing is all about. Great job to all the teams that had great runs and better luck next week for the teams with the bad luck. Keep your heads up high, pick up the pieces and move on.

Good luck next week!!

Crystal

Matt,

I think the vast majority of the people who watched the Street Stock race last night would call it one of the most exciting of the year. Was there some bumping and rubbing? Yep. Was ther much dirty driving? Nope.

My old friend Rick Rapp used to tell me that some race days are diamonds and some are rocks. For the 9 car it was a diamond. For some of the others, including the 36 car, it was a rock. One of the most important mental aspects of racing: Don't let the rocks get your down and let the diamonds keep your spirits up.

Nick Holt

Nick the Hobby and Street race were some of the best finishes Ive ever seen. But in the street race, many drivers were driving like a bunch of idiots in a demo derby. Its just plain idiotic. It wasnt really a rock for us we changed the tire and made it back on the lead lap and came from the back to finish 6th. Im happy with that but what Im not happy with is the level some of these drivers are driving at. Personally they shouldnt be driving a car down I-35 if they cant figure out how to pick a line and hold it or how a cars deffiniton is not "a battering ram". Most of these guys stick the nose of their cars where its not even possible for a car to fit. Im not just talking about what happened with us either Im talking about what I saw happen to several people. This is just my opinion. If people dont agree well I dont care.

Anyone get an update on how the young girl in the 11 is? Bet she is sore this morning. She took a very hard hit, and why didn't she want to get in the ambulance. From the stands she looked like she was in a daze, busted nose or lip too.

Is she OK?

Mel

Hey Big88john,

I work on the 73ss car i just wanted to let you know that my driver was not trying to put anyone in the wall trust me he is not one of those kinda drivers that is afraid to lose a position so he wrecks you no he is not even like that.

i guess you were'nt there 3 weeks ago when we were put in the wall by teer. yea it was bad but THR still allows this kinda racing.

but yea our team is not even about wrecking people we are in the middle of a good points race right now and can't afford to miss a race due to a wrecked car

---Chris

chris, i was not there 3 weeks ago when you were taken out by teer, but from what i saw last nite, it looked to me like you were trying to blatenly block a clearly faster car. if a guy has a run on the outside of you, why would you take him up to the wall? you say teer took you out 3 weeks ago, again i wasnt there but i have heard from a lot of people that there was another car involved, but i could of been given bad information. now i dont get to watch the ss everyweek, but not once have i seen teer take anybody out, remember he IS the point leader. it just sux when a guy(anybody) bust his rear to get to the front twice, and have another car block like that. maybe he wasnt blocking, maybe he couldnt see teer coming, but it sure was convient that he was on the bottom most of the nite then all of a sudden he moves up 2 lanes.

big john

yea we don't even use a mirror so u can't say were mirror driving like some people u know what i mean..

yea and he was trying different lanes when people would'nt get out of his way while he was running in the bottom groove trust me he does not go out to the race track to try to wreck somebody that's all i'm trying to say...

----Chris

the ss are the most competitie group of guys out there. there is alot of fast cars and alot of cars that are getting faster everyweek. starting in the rear is hard to do but that is racing. i say once a month they qualify the ss and start heads up. probally would not be as exciting, but give the guys higher in points a chance to start in the front for a change.

big john

the ss are the most competitie group of guys out there. there is alot of fast cars and alot of cars that are getting faster everyweek. starting in the rear is hard to do but that is racing. i say once a month they qualify the ss and start heads up. probally would not be as exciting, but give the guys higher in points a chance to start in the front for a change.

big john

Now that's a novel idea!

;):blink:

SS99 we talked about this Saturday night but if you remimber right we also finished our conversation with it would be boring if the fast guys were up front and that the track and fans like to see the fast guys go from the rear to the front. I have always been in the rear until this year so I understand the frustrations on you and the other SS out there. Of course I did it in a purestock with only10-20 cars and not 20-30 but it would kinda suck to see the fast guys up front and nobody able to catch yall. I like the Idea that THR is going to give you guys the option to set new track records next week and maybe that is something that can be done everyweek at intermission? One week ss,next lm next hs next who ever there is 4 weeks in a month so why not and that would give that person that beat it or had the faster time the big head for 4 weeks or hell get each sponsor for that class to give a gift Cert or somthing to work for.

just my 2 big giant cents

Just a "little" comment on Bobby Teer - I would have to say in the so little time I've raced at THR that there are a few guys you get "nervous" around in the street stocks - Bobby isn't one of them. He has raced me clean when I was in front of him the last two weeks and sure he didn't mind letting me know he was behind me with a little "bump" IN THE STRAIGHTAWAY and not in the corner. Hey that's perfectly ok with me and thats short track racing! But Bobby ran me clean numerous laps. There are several more drivers in the street stocks that are the same way - they will race you clean. I thanked Bobby and his Dad for racing me clean and Lord knows Bobby could have taken me out when I got a little loose a couple of times! The fact is he didn't. I respect a guy like that.

Archived