Bradley

turn4

WOW !...What a race ! This was one of the best ROMCO races I can remember ever seeing. I've known Colt since he was about 6 years old and have been a big fan of his since he started racing. Bradley has always amazed me with his racing talent. Bradley not having brakes...that explains a lot to me. I don't need to go over what Bradley said...he explained his side of the race and why he drove like he did. If any of you have been in a heated race for the win ...trying to stay focused and not make any mistakes while looking for that opening...then throw in brake problems ! That is more than a minor distraction ! If you are as competitive as Bradley, Colt or most of the ROMCO racers are you deal with it (pulling off the track is not an option). At first it looked like a little bit of punting was going on but after seeing Bradley slide up in 2 it looked like loss of brakes. (Thanks Bradley for confirming this.) Congratulations Colt !

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many threads, so little time! LOL. First of all, Chuck,Nick,Brian and everybody else at THR........Great job. Excellent night of racing. Only complaint would be to have an extra wrecker or two show up on those busy nights. BBQ samitch was excellent and worth the 20 minutes I stood in line for it. (is it really necessary to hand write each order on a seperate ticket?)

Congrats to Colt on a hard fought win. Personally, I thought all of the front runners put on a good show. There was some pushin and shovin for sure, but mostly it just looked like some good hard racing. I know the audience (do you know how many were there Chuck, cause it looked huge) got there money's worth and that is the best advertising money can't buy.

Last restart, 15 car threw a BIGTIME brake check. Everyone saw it "except Colt fans"

The 11 car won the race. Only one problem, his last name isn't James.

If you really want to get technical, the 99 should have won the race.

What ever happened to the " all involved rule?''

Yet again, the winner didn't finish first.

Oh well, thats racin'. I guess.

I have read all the post so now I'll give my opinion. If your brakes are out, you don't use the car in front of as a back-up brake system. Second, if I was leading and having the crap beat out of me by the second place car, I would brake check to.

Guest RobCarter88

The action was great from a fans view. You must let them have their opinions too, they are one of the reasons racers are there. The opinions from the drivers and crewmembers who spent countless numbers of hours preparing the car and the guys writing the checks to pay for it hated did not care much for how the ROMCO races are being raced and officiated this year. This is the second race that the leaders have started bumping or whatever and have caused spins/wrecks that they were not penalized one position for. It happened in Houston, and happened twice, maybe three times at Kyle. I dont know if it was twice or three times but the 49 or 15 were never put to the back. You cant blame them for driving the way they do because they are getting away with it. Maybe ROMCORD can explain why he used the all involved rule with Heath Stewart and not with Colt or Bradley? Why is it the leader can brake check/Checkup and cause incidents behind him and not be put to the back. If this keeps up, those people paying for those seats will not have many cars left to watch. Money runs out and so does patience. The pecking order starts with car counts.

coming to the white flag out of 4 Colt got loose bradley on the gas. bradley hits colt who IS LOOSE colt block the 11 car. Bradley goes high gets a great run. passes both the 15 and 11 to get in first going three wide in turn one. this is what should have happened in my opinion. colt and the11 should have got off the gas and on the brakes both off them knew they were beat. but it turned out different. congrats. Colt on your win. Bradley the championship is yours go get it.

2Wide,

What ever happened to the " all involved rule?''

Please keep in mind that ROMCO officials call their own races, not THR personnel. At THR we do use the "all involved' rule. Whether ROMCO or anyone else uses the rule is entirely up to them.

Nick Holt

Congrats to Colt(ponyboy) for another win at THR,and to Bradley for the show they

put on for the crowd.It was just racing people so get over it,Colt was doing what he

had to do to keep Bradley behind him,and Bradley was doing what he could to get the

win.It was one of the first races I've been back out to THR and it was a great night of

racing for all the classes,but we need to get our car fixed that crew stuff is killing me.

A win for Colt means nothing to your points run and you just cost yourself 9 points that you may need later on this year, not to mention about $500 in prize money(4 tires for the next race), and a car that needs more repair than it would have.

You call it hard racing, I call it poor judgement.

Do you not get it? Who the hell would want to run 2nd when they have the ability to win?!? :rolleyes:

Are the ROMCO results official, or were there any disciplinary actions taken?

We have not seen the Official ROMCO results yet. The results we post are always unofficial until the sanctioning body sends us the Official results.

Nick Holt

i spot for colt along with terri an jus wanted to say we had brake problems too . the front brakes were dragin cause the master cyl wouldnt let em so both he an bradley had problems . bradley with no brakes an colt with parkin brake jus wanted to let it be known an trust me no brake chcckin was goin on we were real tight an both drivers had their hands full ..brandon should be the one mad slow cars got him an romco did what they could to help that problem the racers need to rellaixe they have to be more responseable for what they are doin. the flagman did everythin but throw flag at em. jmo i am hoppin romco will let david umscheid an me an a few other more experenced spotters work with the new guys an their drivere it need to happen just a thought

Guest RobCarter88

Chasissman,

You are correct about the racers need to be more responsible for their actions. I remember when Caseys brakes went out last year at Kyle, he respected his and other peoples equipment and SAFETY and pulled it in. The win at all costs could have cost someone their lives, for what, a stupid trophy or a few points. Does not make sense. Until ROMCO takes action against these guys who dont move over that are racing a lap down or lets brake checking/checking up happen, the car count will continue to go down. At least when Mullins was around, he got his points across to the drivers because that ex-marine could back his talk up. Drivers will always push the envelope as far as they can. You dont see the veteran drivers like fools.

The team I crew on has been on the receiving end of some of the irresponsable actions that have been going on, both last year and more recent this year. Last year we were told by ROMCO officials that they wernt going to put up with it and something would be done. If something was done to a driver or team it was not made public and had little or no effect on the on track behavior. This year 3 out of the 4 races we have attended, we have been taken out by a bone head move by a lapped car twice and once by someone that thinks you can do a bump and run in the middle of a turn. I just think its sad that we had to build a heavier front bumber than I have on my street stock to put on a SLM just to hopefully keep from tearing up the equipment. Dont get me wrong, rubbing is racing, but sometimes you thing it might need to by renamed RAMCO. Until the rules are upheld equally across the board, and if penalties are deemed necessary -- and made public the premire series in Texas racing will be looked at as minor league. Dont mean to P/O anyone, JMO!(maybe slightly bias?)

Chasissman I think it would be great for you guys to help some of the driver out there.

Another question for ROMCO would be do you just need money and a car to show up and race,because just to single out one car for example the no driving,no spotting,Hobby Stock time turning #66 ROMCO car.Until you learn how to drive please don't come back and run a ROMCO race,you cut down on the leaders everytime they lapped you,which was every 6th or 7th lap,and you were constantly in the way of cars actually racing.It's not the car because you let off of the gas to go in the corner at the flastand and didn't get on the gas until you were off the corner.The # 66 car drove the same way the previous race at THR.If all it takes is a car and enough fuel to get around the track and race ROMCO then maybe I'll run my THR?TSRS car in the next ROMCO race I probably would have had a top ten or atleast turn decent lap times and let the leaders race each other.

44SS,

I agree with you 100%! ROMCO needs to get control, or I am not going to be willing to spend my hard earned money on races, travel, motels and meals to attend many more ROMCO races. I can go to my local track instead! It's a lot cheaper and I still get to see RACING!!! If ROMCO doesn't do something soon, the reputable drivers will no longer show up! ROMCO has gone from being the premier series to well on their way to being a joke.

Guest RobCarter88

DVeit,

Do you not get it? Someone could have been killed out there racing for a stupid trophy with no brakes. How would you feel if that was your son, brother, friend or whoever that he killed or injured because he failed to respect someones safety for a trophy? If thats acceptable in your mind, we do have a differernt outlook on things. You are entitled to your opinion, so is everyone else.

Didn't Elliott Sadler finish a race recently with no brakes? I think if you are having brake problems and you can still drive around and not out of control than race on brotha! Rob, I think lap traffic is the main problem. Its this way in most series.

I was there on Saturday night and maybe Bradley didn't see it a problem to not have brakes, but if Colt had not been able to hold on to the pushes, bumps and partial spins, he could have see it as a big problem. I agree that lap traffic is a problem, but the bigger problem is that ROMCO is not consistant with the calls. Two cars got sent to the back before 2 complete laps Saturday. #11 got the shaft because of the bump and spin game. Luckily he was not caught up in a wreck. I have been to all but the TMS ROMCO races this year. They are getting less respectible by letting these things happen

Personaly I think this has gotten way out of hand. You say romco has lost some respectible well you saw the stands and I think they are still moving on pretty darn strong. It does not matter if you have partial brakes like both them guys and still do what they did (front running) that was awesome and that is talent if you can do that on a short track. I think if they had this problem in lets say SAS I dont think they would have run like they were that track is to fast not to have brakes. It is over and was fun watching and lets just see what happens next week in CC with the romco's.

Didn't Elliott Sadler finish a race recently with no brakes? I think if you are having brake problems and you can still drive around and not out of control than race on brotha! Rob, I think lap traffic is the main problem. Its this way in most series.

Jason,

Suppose there is a spin right in front of you and you slam into his driver's door at a car 70-80 MPH because you have no brakes. Or there is a serious wreck right in front of you and you slam into the mess for the same reason.

OK, so those two scenarios are perhaps overly dramatic, but I personally know of injuries and major damage due to driver's electing to run with no brakes. Sure, driver's get caught up in the emotion and adrenalin, but at some point a driver has to have some concern for his/her fellow racers' safety.

Nick Holt

Archived