Bradley

turn4

mike riley

you nailed that one.i was waiting for someone to finally say that

tim

i have nothing to do with racing outher than a loyal thr fan but there is one thing i can say about colt atleast he had some respect to lose

WHERE IS YOUR CAR , DO YOU RACE jmo

did you not see the 11 car to the inside bradley just got put 3 high and thr

in a romco can not go 3 wide and work instead of beating the bumper off of a car go outside

to all

i was in the pits after the race and i heard the #49 car spotter say that when colt comes to sas to race he will not make the first lap that he will be put in the wall.what needs to be said about that or are you going to close your eyes like they did when the #49 was trying to punt the 15 the whole race the yellow car(#?) should have been mad at the 49 for getting him sent to the back the car in front of him checked up (due to trying to punt the leader) and he spun

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no 24 racefan,

2 Questions for you. How old are you? Are you female? Just want to see if my theory is right.

How can you say "WHERE IS YOUR CAR , DO YOU RACE jmo", when you say you don't even race? Something just isn't clicking there. Why are people getting their panties all wadded up over this. It sounds like to me that Colt James, Tommy Grothues, and Bradley Riethmeyer put on a badass show last night along with everyone else racing in ALL of the classes. This is exactly what both ROMCO and THR needed. So throw your crying towel in the washer and come down this weekend to CCMS for the next ROMCO race. Make sure you leave the towel at home though.

Damn sounds like an awesome race. Bradley I told you top 3! And if you punt someone do it on the last lap. Checkers or wreckers. I think Bradley can smell the 2004 ROMCO championship.

How about some detail on that comment ... what exactly do you mean?

jason i am not crying just stating facts i know you are going to be bised

do to you liking bradley

i dont see any of colts people crying read all of the post then you will see who is crying

2nd

i never said anything to do with respect every guy that steps in to a romco car (or any) has got my respect because they are taking a chance plus they are doing somthing i want to do

While I feel I don't have to put into detail my comments I will on that one. What I mean is in ROMCO or any other series where u spend $15-$20 as a fan to watch the race you need to see the top racers go for the win and not just sit back and take 2nd. Drivers need to get up on the wheel and give it all they got. All I know if I was in 2nd regardless of what I am driving and had enough car to win I would give it my best shot and see what happens! Checkers or wreckers. Second place is just the first loser.

Yea ....draw the crowds get them exicted - see wrecks great! Hace a crash derby during intermission. RACE on the track ... if you cant pass clean then you JUST DONT HAVE IT ....if it takes kicking someone in the wall, then you are not a racer. Go back to the destuction derby where it doesnt cost other racers more money to fix crap that was destoyed by someone who either didnt have the horsepoer or talent to pass. (Not directed to any driver AT ALL just the facts.)

I am gonna try not to post much more on this but saying I am biased towards Bradley is not correct.

I pull for Bradley, Colt, and Tuffy. I also pull for anyone driving a Ford (Grothues). Don't say I am biased towards any of those drivers when all of them that were involved I pull for! All of these guys race hard and are not going to sit back. If they get into you they will let off and let you gather things back up. If you guys think these guys are goin to stop racing just because 3 people are whining on a message board think again. They race hard and race to win. Colt won. I am happy. Bradley is the points leader. I am happy. I think the purse from 2nd to 1st also may make the difference for guys like Bradley and Colt because they don't exactly have the funding that some of the other "unlimited" funded teams have. If ROMCO racing is to exciting for you or has to much action for you I am sure you could get your fix watchin tortoise races or something.

Later

Jason -

I am very good friends with the people you mentioned.I disagree with your comments about putting on a "show" for that $15 dollar .. that person can go watch any movie with wrecks and get a kick out of it. Competitive driving is rubbin and racing .... it is NOT taking someone out that you CANNOT pass just to win the damn race. Any true race fan gets their kickswatchin that driver works his balls off to get that win & not get taken out. You either pass clean and shake hands and say " Hell of a race man" or take an undeserved win. Take the 2nd place & work harder for 1st the next race.

Learn from your mistakes.... it will make you a better racer.

excuse me i payed $26 dollars to see those races last night lol

Yea... It's really fun with a family that hates missin those races!!! I think I spend more on race tickets to get my kids/me/husband in than I do on groceries!! And - my family would probably sacrifice the groceries for the races!!!

But - willing to pay to get that money to the track!!!

- congrats to Colt on his win

- for those of you who think I was trying to take colt out your wrong, I don't race like that... I ran out of brakes before the first caution even came out, pumping them up down the strights so I would have them going into the corner so I wouldn't run into colt.

- As for spinning him out if I wanted to I could of easily turned him around, due to his car being so loose on exit, but as you could see when I got into the back of him I would get off and let him gather it up, a couple of times I would even go high trying to pass him and to get off his bumper.

- some of you were complaining about romco being follow the leader now that there is a little bit of hard racing you get mad???

- the last lap deal, colt got loose comming off of turn 4 I tried to go high to miss him and caught the right side of his back bumper, there I could of easily stayed in teh gas and spun him, but I backed off let him gather the car then tried a bonzi run on the out side, I guess accourding to some of you I should of just road behind him the entier race to have a borring race or somthin like that???

- points racing, ok maybe, but how did I get here in the first place, we are only 5-6 races into the season, there is a long ways to go, and with only 5 cars on the lead lap 2nd to 5th is 9 points or somthing like that, which could in teh long run bit me in the butt.. but you know I can say at least I TRIED TO PASS and make it interesting

- as for everything that went on after the race, how could you not be mad, the leader gets spun on the last lap, then 2 or 3 other cars get spun or spin, hard racing on the last lap

- I ran out of brakes tryin to stay off his back bumper and when i finally got the lead I went off in the corner hit my brakes and they went to the floor, cause I was trying to save my stuff so I didn't pump my brakes up; I was trying to cool them, I did everything I could not to spin: colt got back by me, I went back to pumping them up on the stright-aways so I would have some kind of pedal in the corners

- it was a good race and I had fun

- oh for who ever posted about my spotter sayin colt won't make the first lap in SAS, ROMCO RUNS CC next, then Houston, SA is like 5 or 6 weeks away; we didn't even know colt was goin to SAS, thats how rumors get started

i dont see any of colts people crying read all of the post then you will see who is crying

Of course you don't see any of colt's peoply crying they won the race.

You guys act like THR has 2 complete race grooves. It is extremely hard to pass at that track with out a little bumping and rubbing.

If you are leading you are going to do what it takes to stay in the lead, so if Colt was brake checking (which i doubt) then Bradley is smart enough to deal with that, but he didn't just take him out so that is that.

Good Job Colt

-- the last lap deal, colt got loose comming off of turn 4 I tried to go high to miss him and caught the right side of his back bumper, there I could of easily stayed in teh gas and spun him, but I backed off let him gather the car then tried a bonzi run on the out side, I guess accourding to some of you I should of just road behind him the entier race to have a borring race or somthin like that???

- points racing, ok maybe, but how did I get here in the first place, we are only 5-6 races into the season, there is a long ways to go, and with only 5 cars on the lead lap 2nd to 5th is 9 points or somthing like that, which could in teh long run bit me in the butt.. but you know I can say at least I TRIED TO PASS and make it interesting

Thank you Bradley, you just made my point. I have no problem with your passing attempts, but look at your decision after you "backed off and let Colt gather it up". You decided on a "bonzi run" on the outside, down the front straight with bad brakes. A win for Colt means nothing to your points run and you just cost yourself 9 points that you may need later on this year, not to mention about $500 in prize money(4 tires for the next race), and a car that needs more repair than it would have.

You call it hard racing, I call it poor judgement. But, who's to say our driver wouldn't have done the same thing. When adrenaline kicks in, the reasoning part of our brain kicks out. Those that have learned to control that part of themselves are usually the great racers - maybe not the most exciting, but definitely the most consistent.

Good luck in Corpus!

Archived