Blizzard series 100 at Pensacola July 23rd

Snowball

I hope that many of the Texas latemodel drivers can make the haul over to Five Flags on July 23rd. I see that ROMCO is off, so that should allow some of yall to make the trip. The race will pay $4,000 to the winner. Also, the october 1st race has been moved to September 17th in order to allow it to run the same weekend as the 100 lapper in Mobile on the 18th.ROMCO is also off on that weekend. I hope some of the ROMCO drivers can make it over ! B)

Yeah, you ROMCO drivers bring it on. See what it is like to race with the big boys. There will be some of the Southeast's best drivers on hand getting ready for the Snowball Derby. Don't come unless you have a fast car and know how to conserve your tires.

llamadog we keep hearing about these big boys...???? maybe they should come down here and try and conquer some new turf...4000. don't seem quite worth it...funny thing aout the people with egos- they never seem to accomplish much(except in their own mind)...but i'm willing to bet your speaking from experience, are'nt you # 16???? row 5, aisle 7, seat # 16....

Crazyhorse:

In order to make it worth the Southeast's 'Big Boys' time to travel here to race, the payouts need to be substantial. Wayne Anderson did come to Texas for both of the Big Shots. He placed third the first year and won the second year. I think that is pretty much conquering new turf since those are the only times he has raced THR.

You are right, $4,000 isn't enough to pay for Texas racers to travel that far unless they have top-dollar sponsorship or just don't need the money. $4,000 isn't enough for the Southeast's 'Big Boys' SLM drivers to come to Texas to race either. At least not when you consider the tire bills, travel expenses, food, lodging, etc. for their crews they need to pay.

I would like to see some Texas drivers at the Florida Governor's Cup later this year. I would like to see how well our drivers can do down there. I think it would be a great race to watch with the additional competition!

BTW, I am from Texas... :)

Archived