Jason/CPI

The Shrimp

I will as soon as I get results for CCMS. I am sure Owen will have them out soon. You guys like the CPI thing? I thought about doing a bomber, roadrunner, hobbystock?, and i37 pure stock type of thing but I dont think the hobby stocks are that close to the other 3 and the results from i37 dont show the whole field on a few of them.

ask and you shall receive. I'm sure that somebody out ther has all the info that you need. I might can input some info in for you if you need me to.

1. Win %. You take the # of wins divided by the number of races run at the track.

2. Top 5%. You take the # of top 5's divided by the number of races run at the track.

3. Start %. Number of starts divided by number of races run at the track.

4. Average # of cars %. Average the weekly carcounts by using the track with the highest count that week as the base. For example if CCMS has 18 cars and THR has 21 cars for that week CCMS's car count is 18/21 and THR's is 21/21. You do that weekly then average them for each track.

Add steps 1-4 up and divide by 4. There is your CPI.

IT IS NOT A TRACK POINTS SYSTEM! HEATS DO NOT COUNT. DNS DO NOT COUNT.

Justin,

Yeah for some reason they must have a higher average car count than what I got by looking at the results. I am just going back the results posted on here that are official from the tracks.

Ok I figured it out.

Your average car count percentage compensates for varying car counts in races held at the different tracks in your region. One week, you might be competing in a race with 30 other cars. That same week, another driver at another track might be in a race with 18 cars. The average car count factors in these variations by creating a "scale". The race track with the greatest average number of starters that week is the baseline, to which your average car count percentage is compared.  

I do not see how this could affect them much. For the average car count I just had 25 cars as a base. Maybe tommorrow I will dig through the results and see if I can make this EXACTLY like the nascar cpi. Right now everything is exact except that I have 25 cars as just the base.

Your right Justin. The way I had it figured was I took the number of car averages per week and divided by 25 per week. NASCAR does it with the highest number of cars in the region instead of 25. If there are 25 or more it is capped at 25. Basically if Irwindale had 22 and the most in the Sunbelt and SAS had 14 then it would be 14/25 on that particular week. When I figure these out with the three TTOPA tracks your CPI total will not be the same as the NASCAR weekly series because I will compare it to the three TTOPA tracks instead of the NASCAR Sunbelt region. I will have the new CPI up in about an hour.

Jason

Ok the CPI are fixed with correct average car count calculations among the three TTOPA tracks. If you notice Justin Oates has a higher CPI in this than his NASCAR CPI. This is because I am only comparing the three TTOPA tracks and the NASCAR CPI compares all tracks in a particular region (Sunbelt).

Archived