Damn Tractor Tires!

matt5858

I would love for yall to please move those damn tractor tires that are about 2 to 3 feet on the track off the track! I hit one last night and my wrist is screwed! Not to mention the bad damage to my car! There should be a better alternative then tractor tires! :angry:

Thanks,

Matthew Hodge

LOL Rebel! No its all good i guess and yes I know I aint the first person to hit them damn tires! there was really just one tire that was way too far out! I guess I just need to get in the upper groove and slide! It just was hooked up on the bottom for me and then the worst happened! I guess that answers my question on why no one drives down low on that track! LOLOLOLOLOL :lol:

I hit one hard enough last year to bend a spindle just grabbed the wheel and spun it from lock to lock was lucky I didnt spin out in the process. If your going to try to take the short way around you bring em in play.. Kinda like having the old wall of tires on the outside and running the outside.

HAHAHAHAHA King Richard! Yea I trapped him alright! I dont think I will make it by saturday! My wrist hurts very bad and i dont think I will be working on the car! Hell, I had to call into work today cause I cant hardly move my hand! Maybe the 9th!

Remember a few years ago when the tractor tires were set up in the turns on the banks and it was like an airport! When cars would get into those tires it looked like a plane taking off in the air! LOL. A few cars hit them and got some air and distance. It dont seem to be that way now since Jim and Eric has been there. When the tires were stacked, they were stacked like steps and thats why it happened.

HAHAHAHAHA King Richard! Yea I trapped him alright! I dont think I will make it by saturday! My wrist hurts very bad and i dont think I will be working on the car! Hell, I had to call into work today cause I cant hardly move my hand! Maybe the 9th!

I have a thumbless steering wheel iif you need one....will keep you from hurting your wrist again....aj

yep, did that, it was like slow motion

It will be ok. I just sprained it real bad. I went to get it x-rayed on monday to be sure! I will not be able to make it on saturday. I dont have the time to get it back together and after seeing this 2 race drop crap for the points I might only make just a few more races this year! Thanks Harlin for your thoughts! I will be back to tradin paint with you soon enough! LMAO!

The 2 race drop has been in place a long time and applies to everyone.

Glad to hear you didn't break your wrist.

You have my vote for a berm, those tires can be real tricky and really are hard on the cars.

Quit messing around and get back out there...lol

Glad to hear your wrist is going to be ok. And Matt, don't get to upset about the "2 drop crap". They put that in effect a few years ago for people taking vacation, sick, momma won't let you, cars not ready, or whatever else comes up. If you'll calm down and do some figuring, you're going to gain some points even if you don't show up. And like Trey said, It's across the board except the 2 IMCA classes. Get your wrist and car fixed and come on.

Thanks guys! I will fix the car in the next few weeks and be out there for the 9th! I will go from there and see what happens! It just sucks that I go from tied with third to seventh due to a drop! Oh well! Thats the rules! I aint mad! I just aint motivated!

It definitely has it's pro's & con's, but like everyone has stated it has been in effect for several years . As a new driver to the track you probably were unaware of this. Sorry! Don't let this get you down. Just get yourself better, work on your car when you can and come race with us. Your a good driver and getting better each week. So hang in there. See you on the 9th.

Archived