BEST FEMALE DRIVER?

cowboyscooby

I read the posts about who you think the best drivers at SAS are. What about the best female drivers that have raced in the weekly series at SAS? Who they are, when they raced and which one has raced at SAS the longest? Talk about a trivia question! LOL Just thought it would be fun to discuss and maybe peek some interest for the new WOW (Women On Wheels) class this year.

i agree with modracer Robin McCall (not sure about spelling either) i was pretty young when she raced SAS on a regular schedule. i am curios who would win a match race her or her husband, whats his name Wally something or another. Dallenbach that is. id bet on robin.

Robin McCall could get it done racing against some of the best SAS had to offer at the time in the Limited Late Model division. Some of those battles between "Fast" Eddie and Robin made the LLMs as fun to watch as the LM races.

Carolyn Hull (now Mrs. Joe Aramendia) drove very well in the lower SAS divisions for a few years there.

And Sherry Blakely gave it a pretty good go in the Limited Late Models.

And John Benker's wife (sorry, I can't recall her name right now - gettng old I guess) showed no fear whatsoever whenever she strapped in.

Nick Holt

Why thank ya cowboyscooby. Need a good engine builder, now aint that the truth! LOL Could use a good sponsor too so I can get back out there!

Oh and I used to root for Carolyn Hull before I started racing too.

I'm too young (LOL) to remember the names already mentioned but I will say Jean Nesser is definatley the lady of the 90's racing era. Too bad she is not back on the track giving the guys hell. Let's not forget the powder puff races that Cindy Oates has dominated for the last couple of years, I tried to give her a run for her money last year but I spun and lost my lead. The spin was caused using the mirror (which I was told not to do) and driving into the turn too hard (lack of experience). I have a strong feeling if she raced on a regular basis someone would be in trouble. So these are my favorite female drivers I wish I could mention more names but not too many women have taken the challenge.

Kelly,

Thanks for the compliment! Wish I could be at the track racing, but you go give them guys heck in the road runner class for me, ok?

Keep on keeping on!

Archived