THR practice for Thursday cancelled

ChuckLicata

Hey gang...

I talked to Brian C. a little while ago..he said that practice was cancelled for tomorrow..the track got some more rain this afternoon, and the standing water + new water was way too much for the track to handle..

Brian said he told Nick, so Nick may have more to add to this post a little later..I just wanted to get the word out now...sorry!

Let's hope for sunny weather on Thursday, Friday and Saturday so you all can gooooo racing at THR this Saturday night.. :D

Even opening the gates early on Sat would help.  Like noon?

THR is opening the Pit Gate at 1:30 instead of 2:00 this Saturday. There will be three 10-minute practice sessions for the ARTS trucks, the Legends, the Legacys, the THR Late Models, the Street Stocks and the Hobby Stocks.

Nick Holt

Good news today (Thursday) at the track..

It's been sunny and dry all day..the only standing water in the infield is in the middle by the scoreboard, altho the infield, the parking lot and pits are still soggy from all the rain..Still, it's sunny and about 90 degrees up here..

Keep praying, it's working!

good news for today (practice)?????or good news in general (for saturday)????

Is there anyway there can be a scheduled Friday practice also.

Just got off the phone with Brian about this Friday practice suggestion. Since none of the ground maintenance was able to get done this week due to all the rain, Brian and his crew will be working all day Friday getting the grounds ready to race on Saturday.

Sorry about that.

Nick Holt

i'm a little mad right now so if this comes across wrong, GOOD .....SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SET ME STRAIGHT ON WHY THERE WERE GUYS PRACTICING-IF PRACTICE WAS CANCELED-AND CONFIRMED TODAY 7/1 3:21PM....WE WORKED OUR ASSES OFF LAST NIGHT UNTIL 12:30 TO MAKE PRACTICE....PRETTY BUMMED OUT WHEN WE READ IT WAS CANCELED...BUMMED OUT DON'T DESCRIBE HOW I'M FEELING NOW!!!!!!!!

I've supported this track-and defended this track til i'm red in the face-and the track has supported me ,but somebodys got some explaining to do...

I've supported this track-and defended this track til i'm red in the face-and the track has supported me ,but somebodys got some explaining to do...

OK. I just hung up the phone with Brian and here's the explanation you asked for.

Keith Patrick, upon learning that practice was cancelled due to wet conditions, called Brian and asked to lease the track for a few hours this afternoon to shake down the ARTS truck he just purchased. He evidently demolished his #21 truck at HMP.

Brian explained to Keith that the track was still seeping water up through the pavement on the back straight and in turns 3-4 and that the track was not ready for any hot laps . Keith told Brian that he wasn't going to go fast, that he had just bought a new truck and needed to make sure the brakes weren't going to fall off or something. Under those conditions Brian agreed to rent him the track for a few hours.

So, to answer your concerns, Keith Patrick made some less-that-full-speed practice laps in his new truck under a rental agreement with Brian. Nobody else got to practice or run on the track except Keith.

Nick Holt

i've got a truck that we just purchased that i was hoping to do the very same thing with...never been driven other than to do THR APPEARANCES!!!and i'm pretty sure even jason has logged more laps than i have so far this season.

THANX ALOT GUYS, TRULY APPRECIATE IT....

I heard there were 2 trucks out there. Also, if he ran some laps on there then it should be okay for practice tomorrow right?

Today the track still had water seeping out on the back straight and in turn 3-4. Hopefully it is all drying up and everything will be fine for Saturday. According to Brian the only truck that was allowed to run was Keith Patrick's new truck and due to the water seeping on the track he did not run up to speed. He was just shaking the truck down under a rental agreement with Brian.

According to Brian, another truck and either a Legend or Legacy showed up but were not allowed to run.

Nick Holt

Archived