original rules for Stock car Spectacular

WildRacer5

what were the rules for the orginal stock car spectactular at CC Speedway in 1995 for the Limited Late Models?

If memory serves me correctley that, in my opinion, was the orignal Texas Challenge. All runing the same class, There were LM and Super Streets from SAS, Super Stocks and street stock from Longhorn, and Sportsman cars from CC Speedway. That was one of the best races that I ever remember attending. I'm sure the cars have changed a bit since then but if all those cars could race together back then, why cant we do it now?

Pacecar, you should remember that race pretty good. You set fast time down there that night.

From what I remember, both Larry and Brandon were in the race. I think Larry pulled rank and drove Brandon's street stock car, and Brandon drove someone else's car (David Sevilla's car, I think). What's funny is that I really don't remember which one finished ahead of the other. I'm sure Pacecar remembers.

And here we are almost ten years later with the father-son battle still continuing! LOL

that was a great race with Larry pressuring Bendele the whole race and taking the win in the end, and wasnt he in Beddoes car? And if memory serves me right, Beddoe won in the race he was in while driving Larrys car. I may be wrong but thats the way i remember it.

It was Bruce Beddoe in the #75 Hobby is what it was classified as, Henry Guerra was second in that event we ran our old lead-slead in that race and came home 6th.

That was a fun weekend, very unique concept thaose races were, I have all the races, time trials, heat races etc on video that we bought from a nice lady down there who taped all of those CC events back then. If I recall correctly, SA Speedway had shut down early that year, may have been the last year Holland was around ??

I would love to get a copy of that race. I wonder if anyone will call it boot-leggin' if you try and sell some.

So everybody remembers going and racing, but nobody remembers the rules?

The top finishers were (based upon my memory):

1) Larry Smith

2) Larry Bendele

3) Brandon Bendele

4) David Barker

5) Robert Barker

6) Donny Horelka

Just about everybody had tires spewing air going flat in the tech area after the checkered flag.

Guest The_Greek
The top finishers were (based upon my memory):

1) Larry Smith

2) Larry Bendele

3) Brandon Bendele

4) David Barker

5) Robert Barker

6) Donny Horelka

Just about everybody had tires spewing air going flat in the tech area after the checkered flag.

man that mustve been one helluva race, i cant believe i missed it, i dont recall it at all. glad to see a Corpus driver won too lmao just a little biased to the hometown guys. i would love to see another one here at CC

it definetely could be a great race, putting the CC Super Streets, THR Street Stocks and SAS Sportsman together to run a big race like that. I guess at Oktoberfast last year we kind of did that. The guys from CC rerally needed a different tire though. The street tires we run just couldn't compete with the hoosier f53 or 970. Maybe the TTOPA could massage the rules in the 3 classes and make it a level playing field. I'm thinking $2000.00 to win would bring a lot of cars out of the wood work.

Archived