Thunder Stock Car Count

abrungot

o.k. im gona catch crap from asphalt guys and i prolly deserve it, but after talkin to my new buddy bobby teirre jr. i decided im gona bring my #00 i37 purestock out to thr for the season. so add my car to the thunderstock class for this season at least. if i can keep up with u guys ill prlly stay. after all, i grew up at san antonio speedway on the asphalt. dirts just always been cheaper. hopefully pulloffs wont be hard to come by. any advice is appreciated. thanx

mikey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o.k. im gona catch crap from asphalt guys and i prolly deserve it, but after talkin to my new buddy bobby teirre jr. i decided im gona bring my #00 i37 purestock out to thr for the season. so add my car to the thunderstock class for this season at least. if i can keep up with u guys ill prlly stay. after all, i grew up at san antonio speedway on the asphalt. dirts just always been cheaper. hopefully pulloffs wont be hard to come by. any advice is appreciated. thanx

mikey

pULL offs are pretty easy to come by I ran my entire season on pulloffs its more work but way less money

mikey

pULL offs are pretty easy to come by I ran my entire season on pulloffs its more work but way less money

whats fun about pulloffs beating drivers on new tires with em ..lol....ran85. 86. 87 88. 89 seasons with pulloffs .......we won 17 races ..with one car and 13 with another ....all on hand me downs.....

anyone know were i can get some of these pulloffs? what are they? goodyear? hoosier? and how does registration work for thunderstocks? do i register me and car and have to register with nascar? how much is registration? thanx for the help guys, realy appreciated.

mikey

Mikey,

I can't really address pulloffs. Maybe some of the drivers can help you with that request. I do know that we now use all Goodyear tires.

The Thunder Stocks do not require a NASCAR license.

Here are the THR Thunder Stock Technical Rules for 2012: THR2012ThunderStockRules.pdf

You'll need to complete a Registration Form ($50 fee): THR2012REGISTRATIONFORM.pdf The mailing address is shown on the form, or you can bring it by one of our Open Test-n-Tune practice sessions that will be held each Saturday in February from 12:00P (noon) until 6:00P.

A Driver Information Form also needs to be completed: THR2012DriverInformationForm.pdf

You'll also need a transponder, which is addressed in the 2011 Race Procedures (currently being revised for 2012, but will still be required): 2011RaceProceduresRevAug2011.pdf

If you have any other questions on registration, etc., please send me an e-mail at debbie@thunderhillraceway.com. Technical questions can be directed to Jack Sandefur, THR Technical Director, at 512-281-5489.

anyone know were i can get some of these pulloffs? what are they? goodyear? hoosier? and how does registration work for thunderstocks? do i register me and car and have to register with nascar? how much is registration? thanx for the help guys, realy appreciated.

mikey

Let me ask around to some T stock buddies the hardest part of the season is the first couple races after that hang out at the tire shop or go meet some of them mod or late model racers and there clean for picken What sizes are you needing ?

hey, sorry. ive been away from the computer for days. thanks debb for all the info. i will b contacting you soon with more questions. thanx for the help 99. not sure what size yet. havnt talk to bobby or anyone else about wat sizes to run where. its all new to me. as i said, any and all help is appreciated . looks like a funn class to run w/a great buncha guys.

• 2 weeks later...

0.k. im just gona throw this out there. if anyone has a transponder i can use for opening night at t.h.r i will buy yuo a case of beer. gota be someone out there even from another class who can walk away with a case. missed a couple. but not realy ready to shell out the money for one yet untill i know if asphalt is for me. let me know if u can help

thanx

mikey

Mikey... working on something will reach out to you in a couple days..
thanx aaron. i appreciate the help. workin realy hard to join u guys this season. just about ready. wont be able to test this wknd, but will be out there. hopefully make the tnt the following wknd.

• 3 months later...

Archived