Thunder Stock Car Count

abrungot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Del,

Wouldn't a Fair test be to bring that car to THR this weekend As is (with of course adjustments for handling) and see what the compare is apple to apple, you haven't run THR on Goodyears...

AB

that may be a good idea, i just don't want to tear it up in the apple bucket, i'll talk to mr. huff to see what he thinks, all though, it has not been changed except damage repair since last year !!!

thanks 576, it was a pleasure to be back, one way or the other, i will compete for another championship in 2012, Arnolds famous words, i will return, thanks again, i had a blast !!! :P

Deb, this is tracking the car, not driver, hunter now drives what used to be the 92.. (As 15) the car they used to race was damaged in a wreck.hence the comment..

AARON I SOLD CHARILE EARNHART THE OLD TOM SMITH NUMBER 15 CAR THAT HUNTER WRECKED LAST YEAR IN THE LAST RACE.I KEPT THE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION HE IS GOING TO BUILD IT FOR I-37 PURE STOCK FOR NEXT YEAR.

attention in the pits, the #1 thunderstock will be appearing at thr this weekend for a special show test run to "HAVE FUN" and find out how close to the prostocks we are running, remember, this is a test, only a test, if this had been an actual race, i would have won allready, repeating, only a test !!! :ph34r::blink::huh::P

;) Ya well I've made up my mind and I'm going to build my car for the thunderstock class. I wasn't going to at first because this car I have was an old street stock car from longhorn, and it came with a three speed saginaw, so since u have to run an automatic I was going to build the motor to superstock specks. Guess I can try to sell it to help buy an automatic. I hate automatics, I've had bad luck with them in my drag car I had. All I know is new is usually better than rebuilds. Any way back to the main point I'm trying hard and talking to guys without being an annoying spectator just running his mouth about wanting to race. I'm serious about racing and am trying to get my ducks in a row. At this point I don't have anyone I can rely on because my brothers leaving for 2 years at uti and he's the only one that would be there for me every sat. I needed him. So I'm trying been trying since I was 6 yrs old out at longhorn but having someone to help get u started means alot, family, friends, anything so I'll be there soon just hard on ur own. Car looks good so far if anyone remembers Garland Moffett it's his old car. Hope I didn't give too much away now I wanted it to be a suprize.

I know how you feel but I also know you can do it. I build , race, pit crew all by myself and know it's hard but possible. I'm in my 50's now and that may be what slows me down...but I think racing helps keep me young. Talk to some of the guys in the pits that race Thunder Stocks after the races. You may be surprised at how many will help you.

anyone else have any input on the difference between the prostock's and the thunderstock's, i raced with both group's, 7-9-11 at hmp, started last out of 11 cars on a 35 lap race and finished 9th or 10th on the same lap. ran at thr 7-16-11, started last with 10 cars and finished 5th, same car, same tires, different air pressure and change one spring. now the question is, what can we do in the future where all 21 of these cars can run both tracks to help our only 2 asphalt tracks with a workable schedule to help build car count for these classes. both tracks would love to have better car count in any class, i personelly think this would be a step in the right direction. any thoughts ? :unsure:

I know how you feel but I also know you can do it. I build , race, pit crew all by myself and know it's hard but possible. I'm in my 50's now and that may be what slows me down...but I think racing helps keep me young. Talk to some of the guys in the pits that race Thunder Stocks after the races. You may be surprised at how many will help you.

Well thanks there fast18 I'm trying. I was pretty impressed by last weeks race. The big hurdle I guess is getting a trans. I have all the stuff to get the engine together and I need to find out from somebody what gear ratio to run I've heard different storys. And I'll have to look back on the rules on if u can have c-clip eliminators in this class or not, I think not so might have to get a whole rear end. Any way will probably be next year. Hey maybe I could help u and u could help me, that is if Ur racing next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

guys i tried to get another 1 on the track for the class , wanted to say say a big thanks to clint, for helping me get it that far atleast

if you guys had seen that car bout two weeks ago you would understand . other mentions steve, 00 beau , jc pilcher . thanks guys , try next year to get it better

• 3 months later...
OK... cleaning this up..

1. 14 Joey Tschoerner ** For Sale $5500

2. 50 Aaron Brungot ACTIVE

3. 5r Nick Cole ??

4. 99 Bobby Hansen ** For Sale

5. 11 Richard Clickner ACTIVE (used to be Chancellor's)

6. 73 Richard Fitch ACTIVE

7. 66 Mitchell Morrison ACTIVE (used to be #2 TBS car)

8. 15 Hunter Montgomery ** For Sale (used to be #92 Stanley car)

9. 24 Brett Karulak Active

10. 56 Matt Rebody & Build for 2012 Season..

11. 49 Wayne Walton Budget was Part time 2011

12. 68 Kenny Wright Attempted last race at THR ??

13. 05 Jim Teague (Used to be Steve Osborne's 04)

14. 12 Adam Haugh Active (used to be #16 Mason Teague)

MIA

Car and Lask know Driver/Owner

15. 22 Anthony Gordon I37 Dirt car, still legal Thunder Stock

16. 1 Del Harris Houston ProStock

17. 40r Robert Robbins Understand went to Dirt

18. 17r Jason Campbell Unsure Think Gaither purchased parked for Budget

19. 15 Hunter Montgomery Damanged in End of Season Wreck ** Sold believe going Dirt I37

20. 93r Aaron Leddy Went Dirt I37

21. 58 Patrick Burow Sold Gone Dirt I37

22. 13r Bryon Reed Unsure of status, last heard motor out of car under repair

23. 31 Rabb Unsure

24. 24. 38 Sellman Car is still not finished

25. #66 Leonard Flores Last i knew was up for sale

26. #73 Bryon Reed Sitting in the yard i believe..

27. 04 Nathan Robbins Understand went to Dirt

28. 10 Terry Tschoerner TBD

AARON WHAT DO YOU MEAN DAMAGED LAST WRECK END OF SEASON THE IF I REMEBER RIGHT HE PASSED YOU FOR THE WIN BUT THAT DIDNT HAPPEN BECAUSE NOT EVERY BODY CROSSED THE FINSIH LINE.CAR IS GREAT AND I HAVENT SOLD IT YET.IN FACT I HAVENT PUT IT UP FOR SALE YET. BUT I WILL BE. TRYING TO GATHER EVERYTHING THAT WILL GO WITH IT.

I am not sure if i will be out there right away if at all next season. My dirt car is about ready and i may run at i37 for a while. The only for sure way i will be out there right away will be if Super S Foods sponsors me again. I took a really good beating last season and i am broke right now from setting up my shop and getting my dirt car ready, so the 24 car is still in the same condition it left the track last race. That being said, i want to be out there racing both tracks but we will see financially if i can make it. I will try to sell some blood or something.

P.S. Ron Paul 2012

Ok.. working to update this for the 2012 season...

I updated what i knew.. what else??? Heard New Car's are possible.. Several up for sale...

Wes Walker will be in the the class for sure driving the #17 black monte carlo from 2010. Think his number will be #01????

Archived