Grand Stock or is it Track Stock

Batman77

There are several concerns I have about this class, when I was asked to drive a car for TBS this winter and herd what class it was i was excited I might get a chance to learn how to race. I agree I have had my own trouble mechanically but I never thought I would go out and see a trend that I am seeing at THR. Here are my concerns:

• The race is at the end, and for reasons they say for debris left on the track but we continue to use the intermission for celebrity race with the same cars and have time to clean the track.

• The race has more track cars that have nothing to gain but fun. Yes this is for fun but also some of us thought and want to drive the beginning class of racing.

• This week I had a wreck and went to the in field out of respect of the others and thought some one would come get me after the race and tow the car back to the pits like other classes that did not happen, instead Terry, who was helping the pits with the wrecks that others had, came to get me after all others left. Yes it was our car and yes we had a wrecker, but what are the track trucks for?

If you want this class to grow for beginning drivers then you need some changes, if you want this for your cars at the track to have fun then tell me I won’t come anymore. This class would get more attention if we were before the intermission and use that time to clean the track, or make the rules such the cars don’t have debris. I hit the wall pretty hard; did you see anything from my car there? The class you had last year I herd got out of hand with the money they spent on the cars, so you created this class for new drivers. I know Terry has spent lots of time and lots of money just to have fun but I would like to at least get seat time in a class that I can eventually move to the next with the experience not go to a fair and do Demo Derby. I just ask one question is this for learning to race in a stock car or is this for your track fun?

I have to say I totally agree with you. I was very disappointed that they cancelled the purestock class last year and yes we were spending money but damn there is a hell of a difference from what I had last year to this year and to tell you the truth I am loading up and going home before the Grand stocks race and looking at the stands others are going home too. I dont see anybody in the stands when it is time for your race other than friends and family members there to see a laugh of guys having what you call fun(just to them it is).

They cancelled a class that alot of fans really enjoyed to see guys bouncing off walls hitting each other and we are telling them that they can race in that class. I dont think anybody want to spend a grand to race or demo a grand. You can get a demo car for about 200.00 not 1000.00. Something has to be done to get this to an exciting class that it was mint for.

Thanks, I am not sure anyone that cares is going to read this. But i need to try, i even went back and re read the rules. there was only 3 of us that i saw( keep in mind i may have this wrong) but i do know not everyone had suits, the limo runs not car tires so the rule i guess do not apply. So that is anther reason i ask is this really a class they want? oh well i will give it a few more trys till either my car is no longer fixable or some says enough. thanks for the support.

Guest rhino

hey batman, I have been reading your whining the last couple weeks about the Grand stocks and i think you might spend a little more energy getting your car to finish a race than complaning about the the other cars.I have not observed your car being roughed up out there.If your not having a good time out there,or its too hard on you than why dont you just give up .Not everybodys cut out for it batman,you might get more pleasure from the grand stock class by sitting in the stands and watching with the fans who are enjoying it.

Why don’t you take some time to read everything I am saying. This was supposed to be a Class for racing. The first posting i put out there was me trying to apologize for banging cars up intentionally. When my motor blew i still went out and did what the Track guys said to bang up their cars. Well I felt after watching the next week, (the week i did not race) that it seem to continue I wanted to say sorry. This week there is no one following the rules I hit the wall big deal that is racing. I am not mad or upset about that at all. I am upset I got left in the infield and the lights turned out, no one had suites on, and the only paying drivers out there were me and a man from Houston and Marcia. I had more to say but if your not reading those why would I think you will understand this. So if you think I am whining, come talk to me in person next week. I can explain then better. And no this is not a threat or a hostel thought, I meant I might be able to explain with words better then typed message.

Archived