CCMS Night at The Fights

slysnake

champ1796,

lock it? why? i havent seen any major bashing or anything too bad at this point, just people expressing their opinion on the matter. over a thousand views and no harm done.

I have removed a few posts and edited a few more in this thread so far. I was simply warning those who can't refrain from bashing or engaging in pointless name-calling that if it kept up I would be closing the thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with CAM if anyone other than the parties involved got pepper sprayed then they should not have been there. No wonder the pepper spray and a gun came out. Way to many people gathering around. The cop, security guard & track officals have no idea of who is who and who belongs where. The fans need to stay out of the way and let others handle it. I know some of the drivers and crews may want to help and that may be okay if they clear out as well when the other show up. There was just way to much going on with way to many people. That is NO place for the spectators to be and none of thier business. It's part of racing. It sure is not the first fight and will not be the last fight and spectators in the way starting there own fights are just no help they just get in the way.

As for the security guard carring a gun, well I do not walk around with blinders on. You hear about shooting all the time in the work place and every where else. You think there are no guns in the stands or pit area at CC. I believe all kinds of people carry them and I feel safer knowing if someone did go nuts and start shooting that the track cop could deffend us or stop the person. There are all kind of nuts out there now days. JMO.

I would like to express my sincerest apologies to my family, the fans, the track, and the Carlucci's for my actions on saturday night. I let my temper get the best of me and looking back now would have handled things differently. I do not race dirty, nor do I ever intend to. Anyone who has watched me race over the years can attest to that. Me and Greg have been friends for a very long time and I would hope that he would never take me out on purpose, because I would never do that to him or anyone else for that matter. I know that I did wrong by coming at Greg on the track and am willing to take any punishment that is coming my way. I was angry at the time, but I was not trying to ram Greg nor try to "kill" him as I have been accused of. As I said, I am willing to take full responsibilty for my actions, but I am not the only one to blame for things escalating the way they did saturday night. Bill Stephens

Bill,

I never said you were the only one to blame. I have repeatedly said that we all had a hand in what went down. I know you and I have always liked you, despite what these people think, and you know that. I think the racing was a little too aggresive on both of you two's part. I am not speaking for Greg, but from knowing you both for so long, I know that you both enjoy driving hard against each other. And 99% of the time, you have a great time and it's clean. Some rubbin' is normal, but what happened Saturday was truly scary, which is why it got so heated. Just think of it from Greg's point of view. I want everything to be fixed. I liked cheering for both of you. I just think everybody needs to go back to the way it used to be and race for FUN!!

Jennifer

it takes a big man to do that wildman,you got my respect-if that means anything....let's see if your buddy's as big a man as you............

No problem Bill and I agree with crazyhorse. As for the killing thing, we never heard anything like that or even thought that. That is just nuts.You are a great driver and things happen. Hope to see y'all back out there the track would not be the same and the kids would really miss ya.

Hope you and Greg can patch things up also. The track would not be the same without either of you.

Posted on the CCMS site;

Posted June 22.

#13 Super Street - DQ for the night of 6/19/04. Mandatory one week suspension for rough driving. $150 fine or three additional weeks suspension for attempted front stretch collision and confrontation in the pits.

#34 Super Street - DQ for the night of 6/19/04. Mandatory one week suspension for rough driving. Mandatory return of heat and feature payout from 6/19/04 equaling $95 before racing again. $50 fine or additional one week off for confrontation in the pits.

#84 Super Street - $50 fine or one week off for confrontation in the pits.

#34 / 84 Female crew member - $50 fine or one week off for confrontation in the pits.

These are the actions we feel necessary after watching several videos and getting all the stories straight. The #13 and #34 are taking the fun out of the sport and need to take a week off to think about their actions.

Owen Pittman

I'm very proud of Tx Trouble and Bill for owning up to all this and taking their punishments accordingly. I am very interested in the opinion/reply from Greg Jr., since his post was edited earlier this morning. I agree that the entire "thing" that happened Saturday was the fault of both Bill and Greg, regardless of who started and who finished it. Both Bill and Greg, and a few other drivers, are looked up to. This shows that yes, crazy and sometimes uncharacteristic stuff happens during a race, but it can also be dealt with in a mature manner. Can't wait to see everyone back to racing!!!

Greg replied last night and it was a very good reply, but I am not sure why he deleted his comments out. Maybe he did not know about the suspension or fines... not sure, not my arena to speculate. Regardless, Greg and Bill both replied very respectfully.

Tim

Guest NO35KRACING

It takes a big man to admit when he is at fault like Bill and Greg did. But, I guess everything Greg posted was his way of trying not to get barred for a week. So all the deep apologies and etc., etc. was all a bunch of bologna. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived