Casey Smith preps for the 2011 Rattler 250

A New Season Brings a New Outlook for Casey Smith as he Preps for the 2011 Rattler 250

Austin, Texas (March 4, 2011) - - For the sixth consecutive year Austin, Texas driver Casey Smith will kick off his 2011 racing season at South Alabama Speedway’s Rattler 250 March 4-6th. Smith, a former track champion at the speedway; will hope to capture his first Rattler win this year after notching three top five finishes at the event including a third just a season ago.

As always the anticipation quickly builds when warmer temperatures break the cold and an entire off season spent reworking the fleet of No. 99 Smith Paving Chevrolet Impala’s can hit the track for a fresh start for both team and driver. According to Smith there is no place better for him than the 35th running of the Rattler 250 to kick off his racing season year in and year out.

“I love starting the year off at the Rattler every year because it’s such a big event with a large payout and owners John and Sandra Dykes put there heart and soul into this track because they love short track racing,” stated the veteran super late model driver Smith.

“For me a guy that has been around super late model racing for some time you don’t see that much so I always do my best to support their events; now it doesn’t hurt that we run real well there too but that’s a different story,” joked Smith.

While Casey Smith may have been joking a bit about running well at the 4/10th mile facility there was plenty of truth behind his statement. In both the 2007 and 2008 racing season the former ASA National Tour driver won on multiple occasions on his way to claiming the track’s Viper series championship. Even though the 2008 season was the final Viper series championship for super late models Smith has still faired very well in Rattlers since then and thinks that 2011 will be no different.

For all the latest news on Texas native Casey Smith visit his all new website at www.caseysmithracing.com. For pr and marketing related issues with Casey Smith Racing contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704.499.6759.

Archived