Most powerful enitity in Texas Auto Racing?

WildRacer5

Who or what is the most powerful person or entity in Texas Auto racing? Both dirt and Pavement.

BigDish-

If you're racing for the fans, you're in the wrong game. You race because that's what you want to do. From a racer's standpoint, it's irrelevant whether or not there are any fans at all. Look at the SCCA, or the average motocross race: few, if any, paying spectators.

Maybe the fans should be the most powerful force in Texas auto racing, but until we start getting them to come to the races, it ain't happening.

This is a hard one tqj3. You take one link out of the chain and thats it. There are a lot of dependencies in my mind when it comes to racing, unless you are running NASCAR or F1.

Tim

:D You guys hit a good point,the fans,without them there would be no track or purse. I would have said Lanny Edwards,but what I read lately his show is not what it used to be,and by the way he made the statement we are here for the fans,if they are not her you won't be here at a drivers meeting.

who does the track depend on for the biggest portion of the income? fans or drivers?

tqj, you make it sound as if the fans are second fiddle... I dont know you, but do you drive a car? about getting the fans to the track--->did you make it up to Austin for the IMAX thing.....(I was told they had a bunch of people)I was unable to make it-but Bob Riley did....he was promoting Thunder Hill & Allison Legacys

TomH

The most powerful enitity in Texas racing?

That is an easy one.

Chuck Licata, after eating a double chili cheese and jalapeño burger, with the works. :D

I hear that he can make stong men weep and women to faint dead away. Kids are scarred for life. ;)

LOL

Mighty powerful stuff!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race anouncer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

That's cute Sarge...thanks for the insult.. :P

By the way...anytime you want a reality check on your personal claim of "hardest-working race announcer in Texas" let me know..I've got you in my Top 5, but uhm... :D

Chuck,

thanks for the insult..

Your welcome! :rolleyes:

I am just surprised that it didn't get mentioned before this! :P

Just poking a bit of fun at ya.

And the hardest working part.... yep, thats me! ;) This week alone it is I-37 Speedway, in Pleasanton Friday night, Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen, Saturday night, and then back to I-37 Speedway Sunday morning for their extra IMCA show. The closest of those tracks to my house in Kerrville is 110 miles. The other one is 150 miles. So that alone is 9 hours of driving on top of announcing all three shows. Somewhere in there I hope to get a couple hours of sleep. So until proven otherwise, my "personal claim" stands.

BTW.... who are the other 4? <_<

Hope to get up there to THR sometime to see ya'll, but with my busy schedule don't know when, perhaps in September when the dirt tracks shut down for the IMCA Nationals? Are ya'll having any big races in October or November I could hit?

C ya at the races,

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Jason,

How bout an announcer grudge race?

I all for it! I beat Milton Hope earlier this year at I-37 Speedway, and we are scheduling a rematch at San Antonio Speedway for later this year.

I would love to race Chuck! Maybe we can do a TTOPA thing and get all us TTOPA announcers in a 4 race grudge match battle royal. Come up with a way to make some money for charity. A race at all 4 tracks, winner of the series gives proceeds to favorite declared charity?

I am for it! I will talk to Joe Horn about it this week. Lets see what we can do. You in Chuck? What about you Tom Creese?

Cause after that my tag line would be:

"Fastest and hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel." :lol:

:P

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel!

in the past when longhorn was open i would have the say Alvin and Lisa Stewart . They packed the stands every night. Wasnt Alvin of the Austin Racing Org. until the early 90's but know the fans.... they are the numder one

Jason,

How bout an announcer grudge race?

I all for it! I beat Milton Hope earlier this year at I-37 Speedway, and we are scheduling a rematch at San Antonio Speedway for later this year.

I would love to race Chuck! Maybe we can do a TTOPA thing and get all us TTOPA announcers in a 4 race grudge match battle royal. Come up with a way to make some money for charity. A race at all 4 tracks, winner of the series gives proceeds to favorite declared charity?

Hey Sarge,

What does racing cars have to do with ANNOUNCING talent?

Or, are you already conceeding that??? :lol:

What does racing cars have to do with ANNOUNCING talent?

Not a darn thing. :D

But what the heck, as long as I get to drive a race car, why should I care? ;)

I am angling to get us in 4 different races, at 4 different tracks. Whats not to like? B) But if you don't wanna.......... ***coughscaredcough*** :o:rolleyes:

Or, are you already conceeding that???

Conceeding what? That I am faster than you? Yup :P;)

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have firesuit, will kick fellow announcer's butt. :lol:

Archived