Paul White in a Nascar Truck this weekend

kennystone5k

paul white will be driving in the nascar truck series for the remainder of the year. another texas driver to make the big times!!! :D i was by the shop last night and they were finishing up the little things. congrats to paul on landing this sponsor STA-MAX!! look for paul this weekend in Memphis, TN. good luck to you an your crew.

the stone family

paul won the USAC silver crown sprint car championship a couple of years ago. he has raced at your local dirt tracks around texas. he has won track championships in sprints, dirt latemodels, wing modifieds, imca modifieds........ he is a very good shoe and i bet he will be up front before you know it!!!

His brother Keith White is no slouch behind the wheel either.

He is the 2003 IMCA Modified Co-Champion at Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen. (along side the 2003 National IMCA Modified Rookie of the Year, PJ Egbert)

Also, I am pretty sure he was the champion in 2002 as well, though, when I went to verify that, that page is not available on TTS's Web site.

Keith was leading the Texas IMCA Nationals this year, when the crank shaft broke with 6 laps to go. I believe that had that not happened, he would have won. He is to smooth and experienced to give up the bottom groove.

So the talent runs deep in that family.

Nice to see Paul get a chance at the big times. I would rank him right next to anyone else you care to name that is from Texas.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Around Heart O' Texas Speedway during the days of the All Star Modified Series, he was known as "God". He would come out during hot laps and just putt around on the bottom of the track, running in his own groove. As the checkers flew he would take one lap in anger on the high side and pull off. Then during the features he'd use his own groove to smooth whip the rest the field! He's one of those racers that could drive the wheels off a baby-buggy!! LOL

Jason, you need to get out of south Texas more often! :o

Paul White ran the Nascar late models at SAS a couple of years

Surprisingly, Paul didn't do all that well at San Antonio Speedway. As I recall he ran near or with the front runners, but never dominated the track like he did on dirt.

Nick Holt

Nick,you are so right about the front runners,but I watched him paint the wall a few times also, he has come a long way,he will do good no doubt,wouldnt it be cool to see Joe and Paul battleing it out for the top spot.And Jason,Jason,Jason...............lol,lol...,see what you missing by not following dirt racing :P:D

Paul is a good friend of mine, glad to see him make the big time.

He won two NASCAR titles, in '89 at Waco in the same late model he brought to San Antonio, and in I think '95 at Waco in Joe Sturdivant's winged modified. Not to forget USAC, All Star Modifieds, The Copper Classic, and a bunch of others.

As good as the White brothers are, you missed out big-time if you never saw their father "Wild Bill", or their Uncle Ronnie run. Now there was a pair of RACERS.

Bill ran some asphalt in his day, was champion at Austin in '73 or so.

George White is not related to the Temple gang, although he and Paul were team-mates for awhile racing for Paul Cook. A few years back, Cook built some V-6 modifieds, and the Whites, along with Bo Rawdon, terrorized big Modified shows everywhere. Paul Cook owned the USAC team Paul won the 2001 Silver Crown Title with.

Some commentary was made about Paul's late model at San Antonio; he raced there the year or two after he won the NASCAR title at Waco. Waco dropped the class the following year, and SAS was the only place he could run the car. Something about the way some of his money was paid from NASCAR, one of our local SAS Nascar experts can explain this.

Anyway, the car was never really suited to pavement racing; it was a fairly light built dirt car, even had a bolt-on FRONT clip. Add to that Paul had never run asphalt before, so he didn't have the results he'd have liked there.

Archived