Hmp truck race

firemdk

Did anyone capture last nights truck race on video? I just hope it was as exciting for the fans as it was on the track even though we departed a bit earlier than we would have hoped.

I have the video, I am at work right now and will try to have something up today or tommorow.

Thanks guys for the kind words. In no way shape or form did we have a 2nd place truck. My hats off to Chase Stapp and his crew for lending me a torque convertor and a radiator and the Buzbees for the extra hands and direction. Without their help we would have been in the stands enjoying $1 hot dogs and well other libations...

Will get to work on that video..

kw

Well folks I have a video but there isn't much to see. The show seems to end about lap 5 or so when the batteries died.

Sorry

Kw

Dang man, you actually have to change the batteries in that camera more than once a year! Hopefully you will have more later on this year. I will bring the batteries for next race. :)

Chris

I've got the in-car video from the 99. I'm trying to get it to upload - on my 4th attempt now. It's a 12 min video, so I'm having problems getting it to upload to YouTube. We didn't get the 12 crash, but we did get plenty of interesting footage.

Great race guys! Chase, what happened to the truck? And what exactly was the deal w/ the 31 truck? Lap(s) down from changing a tire?

The truck field was impressive on Saturday for the 1st race of the season, especially compared to the other two big classes.

Congrats on a great run to the 28 truck too. Truck looks great.

A couple trucks paint schemes this year make it almost impossible to see their numbers from the stands when they are on the backstretch. The casual/1st time fans probably wouldn't be able to tell what number they are.

Did it hurt the truck much, it looked like a hard hit?

you know amazingly enough it did more damage to me than the truck. The crush zone infront of the radiator took all of the impact and it didn't so much as put a scratch in the radiator and bent the very front of the frame horn on the left side. I'm going to get the new body parts on order today and have it ready for speedfest. Work prevents me from being out on the 26th but we'll be back. The biggest problem was that the transmission lost 2nd gear so I was having to run it in drive and doing so I had to use alot of brake on every corner. I guess after practice and all I started losing rear brakes so I kept dialing in more and eventually it was too much. Great race and it looked from in the truck like it was a good race but after we got pushed off the track I fired it up and drove it into the trailer.

Great race guys! Chase, what happened to the truck? And what exactly was the deal w/ the 31 truck? Lap(s) down from changing a tire?

The truck field was impressive on Saturday for the 1st race of the season, especially compared to the other two big classes.

Congrats on a great run to the 28 truck too. Truck looks great.

A couple trucks paint schemes this year make it almost impossible to see their numbers from the stands when they are on the backstretch. The casual/1st time fans probably wouldn't be able to tell what number they are.

Cary was running tight behind the 77 about mid race. The 77 checked up hard for a truck that spun right in front of him. Cary couldn't get slowed up in time and popped the back of the 77. The hit put a hole in the radiator that we didn't know about at first, but the hole got worse toward the end of the race. That's what cause the big mess with 6 or so laps to go. Sorry guys! It bites to have to pull off while leading, but the truck would not have made the rest of the race.

I think the 31 had to pull in to the pits to diagnose what he thought was a rear end problem. He went a few laps down while in the pits. Unfortunate that it happened to him because he was fast in the end.

Cary was running tight behind the 77 about mid race. The 77 checked up hard for a truck that spun right in front of him. Cary couldn't get slowed up in time and popped the back of the 77. The hit put a hole in the radiator that we didn't know about at first, but the hole got worse toward the end of the race. That's what cause the big mess with 6 or so laps to go. Sorry guys! It bites to have to pull off while leading, but the truck would not have made the rest of the race.

I think the 31 had to pull in to the pits to diagnose what he thought was a rear end problem. He went a few laps down while in the pits. Unfortunate that it happened to him because he was fast in the end.

Not just you 99! I blew a hole in my lower radiator hose at some point and at least one other truck was losing fluids... so at least 3 of us were turning the track into an ice rink toward the final laps without knowing it!

Here is the video from the first 6 or so laps of the feature from this saturdays truck race.

Firemdk, there are a few good shots of you here duing the first few laps. Hope you get her all back together, give me a call if you need a hand.

kw

We'll be good for speedfest.

Thanks

Archived