Toyota All Star Race @ Irwindale

andy66

Travis Pastrana finishes 6th in his very first stock car race. He missed all of the wrecks and made hs way to the front from 20th. Steve Wallace, who was involved in a wreck and then caused a 3 car pile up, finished 10th. I wonder what the odds are on Little Wallace causing the "Big One" in the 500 are? He has to be the worst excuse for a race driver that I have ever seen.

Yea I have to agree, espicially when they interviewed #17 Mike Johnson after he knocked himself and other cars out of the race. I believed he said something to the effect the only positions that count were first second and maybe third. Then said he wasnt lifting after being cutoff the lap before hehe. He went from driver to fan pretty quick!

I believed he said something to the effect the only positions that count were first second and maybe third.

I believe that was toward the end of the LM race - only 2500 on the line. Still thought he came across his typical arrogant self.

It was really cool to see Johnny Borneman run th feature so well after such a bad qualifying run. I used to race with, against and for his father - and was always impressed with how smooth and patient John was - johnny got a lot of his dad's style! It was John Borneman and Mark Norris (very rivilrous competitors who put their differences aside to put together a plan) who stepped up and almost succeeded in keeping Cajon Speedway from closing - politics unfortunately won out in the end.

It was really different seeing a so cal race without dan press, ron hornaday, rick carrelli, ed hale, norris and borneman all duking it out!

Archived