Another bad ending...

SASPEEDRACER24

First question - Why on a 2+ Mile long track with 4 laps to go can they not go red and go Green White Checker... Secondly it might start getting to the point where the tracks will start not letting people in with coolers to the races considering all the recent problems with people throwing everything from beer cans to coolers at everyone they see...Also how hard of a slap on the wrist are Havawreck and Kenseth going to get... Seems like the fans got their monies worth once again... The bad part about the whole thing is that the sport may have won more outside fans for the last 100 laps than the first 100...What does that tell you...

Guest The_Greek
First question - Why on a 2+ Mile long track with 4 laps to go can they not go red and go Green White Checker... Secondly it might start getting to the point where the tracks will start not letting people in with coolers to the races considering all the recent problems with people throwing everything from beer cans to coolers at everyone they see...Also how hard of a slap on the wrist are Havawreck and Kenseth going to get... Seems like the fans got their monies worth once again... The bad part about the whole thing is that the sport may have won more outside fans for the last 100 laps than the first 100...What does that tell you...

SAS, you will realize one day that all racing series are mostly alike, they just want to get the show in, and pocket their money, they hardly care what fans think, until the day comes when the fan count starts dwindling then u might see a concern towards what you and i think, i have to agree this race was worse than Dega.

in speedsport news after the dega race the public forums had story after story about the alabama redneck hillbillys throwing beer cans and water bottles -looks like now they can write about the pocono redneck hillbillys-they throw coolers- :D

Guest The_Greek
in speedsport news after the dega race the public forums had story after story about the alabama redneck hillbillys throwing beer cans and water bottles -looks like now they can write about the pocono redneck hillbillys-they throw coolers- :D

some people might make fun or curse at the alabama rednecks or the pocono hillbillies or whoever it might be, but that might be what it takes to stop running these races under yellow to the finish line.

The_Greek,

some people might make fun or curse at the alabama rednecks or the pocono hillbillies or whoever it might be, but that might be what it takes to stop running these races under yellow to the finish line.

No, sir. I could not disagree with you more. Throwing debris from the stands is not the way to get NASCAR to stop running yellow flag finishes. There is no place whatsoever for the sort of violence you condone to force changes in any sport, or society as a whole for that matter.

Nick Holt

The_Greek,

SAS, you will realize one day that all racing series are mostly alike, they just want to get the show in, and pocket their money, they hardly care what fans think, until the day comes when the fan count starts dwindling then u might see a concern towards what you and i think

Your statement is way off. I happen to know Robert Mullins (ROMCO), Wayne Norrell (TAMS), Jon Garrett (ARTS), Mary Ann Naumann(TSRS), Neil Upchurch (TPS) and most of the rest of the Texas-based racing series personally and I can assure you that each one of them has put more money into racing than they ever took out.

I don't know where you get your facts from, but you got it all wrong. In my opinion you owe each of them an appology.

Nick Holt

Guest The_Greek

i was pretty much referring to the bigger racing series as to the pocketing the money, not the small based local series. sorry u took it that way, again i have my opinions and as do others.

4 simple things can fix NASCAR.

1. Green, White, Checkered finishes.

2. Revert to last green flag lap on cautions.

3. Get rid of the damn lucky dog (Jr) free pass.

4. Stop kissing Jrs ass.

Nick,the Greek stated his own opinion and never bashed anyone directly,and never singled any group out,you both said it best...you both have your own opinion and thats what makes a forum,so for you to tell the greek he needs to apologize is so wrong on your part,your saying that your opinion is the only right one and his was so wrong he needed to apologize.Now as for the throwing debris,I agree with you greatly(damn did I just agree with nick,lol).Throwing things on the track at any motorsports is wrong..if people want to send a messege to NASCAR then everyone needs to boycott the next 2 NASCAR races,even if 1000 people attend what are those stands going to look like and what are owners and drivers going to think when they look up to the stands,and at the same time hit the track owners in the pocket book,there is never a perfect show,but they are way past the kinks and are making mistakes and costly ones seems like every race.I like the 10 % rule on finishing races.And this is just MY opinion. ;)

What I see are two people with differing opinions. No where do I see Nick saying your wrong so I am going to delete your post. I see Nick stating his response. Guys. Take a step back. Nick is actually a person with an opinion and is just not out to edit and delete posts he doesn't like. Boerne what is your obession with Nick? Seems as if you only posts bashes towards Nick. Get off of it.

Jason,no one said anything about deleting a post,or editing,it was about one stating his opinion and nick telling the Greek he needed to apologize to people he name dropped.My post are not bashes tward nick no more than Nicks post tward other people.Again as you said it yourself,each are own opinions.Lets see,I did agree with Nick..........I dont see that as an obsession,the only obsession I have is this little bottle in my bathroom with a little spray squirter on to make me smell allllll fu-fu good. :D:P

Guest The_Greek

its no biggee, Nick likes to take issue with me on most of my posts cause he knows im very critical of THR and the racing there. one day when he becomes just a fan, he might understand some of my opinions on racing for now he works for a track and his views are biased toward what fans think of things. he will come around some day. hey Nick one last thing...try looking at it through a fans point of view, we pay to watch racing we want to be entertained.

Boerneracehounds50,

You are right. I should not have asked The_Greek to apologize to the Texas touring series promoters since he says he didn't mean the Texas promoters. So, I will apologize to The_Greek for asking him to apologize to them.

Nick Holt

Either way everybody is getting off of the point!! The last 20 laps of yesterday's race SUCKED! I'm also upset because DW says the track crew is "getting things cleaned up as quickly as they can." But they never show those guys. I know they are not the reason people are watching the race, but when they can't get the job done to restart the race I want to see 15 guys out there sweeping their butts off and a big NASCAR jet blower behind them!

P.S. Freddy M. and the crew at CCMS did an awesome job Saturday!! They had to work overtime with several flipped cars and plenty to clean up. Thanks you guys for giving us a good and clean track to race on.

Wes

I think whats most funny is the interview I saw of Jeff Gordon complaining about them not getting the race back under green..... BUT did you see him complaining when the only race he won this year was under caution? NOPE.

Archived