Allison Race @CCMS

LEGACY

Anyone know what happened in the Allison race,did James win,was it a good race,or do we have to listen to Tx Trouble til next race?

Lloyd

Here is the complete finishing order from the CCMS 6/12/04 Lone Star Legacy Main.

1--#56 James Lee

2--# 8 Michael Rhoads

3--# 17 Michael Villarreal

4--# 5 Kirk Markos

5--# 55 Bill Boeker

6--# 22 Brandon Kelley

7--# 25 Scott McCrum

8--# 14 Tom Harwell

9--# 40 Mitzi Rhoads

10-- # 65 Jim Fiscus

11-- # 9r Kyle Sirizzotti

12-- #69r John Riley

13-- # 44 Joe Jones

14-- #27r Jason Purdes

Allison cars put on a good show just as well as all the other classes at ccms. Good nite of racing and lots of wrecks too. looks to me that the allison cars are trying harder than ever.

Oops,sorry guy's ,glad you got rid of my post.Did it before thinking.But have been used to taking up for series for 6 years and i truly love it and believe in it .

Again sorry and thanks.

Lloyd

Hey, 2wide [edited by Nick Holt, 6/14/04]

You're entitled to your opinion. You think it was boring, fine. You're the only one so far. But why you gotta get personal w/ the "only reason they let us race" comment? Must be attention seeking-tell your family to give you some attention.

Did they put any cars on the trailer for sound down there ?

Hi we have raced bomber at ccms for 4 seasons and their has never been a noise rule for local classes so I assume their isnt one for out town classes as well... The bomber feature was a rough race two cars rolled one of them wheel to wheel 5 times landing in the pit entrance ,, the other just got put on his lid in turn 2.. luckily all drivers are fine. The race was called early with about 12 of the original 25 laps raced .

supertx,

Did they put any cars on the trailer for sound down there ?

The only reason THR has the noise rule is due to the complaints the City of Kyle has received from some of the people who live north of the track. THR has agreed to limit the volume of noise in an effort to be the best neighbors possible. If anyone believes that THR enjoys putting cars on the trailer for exceding the noise limits (96 dB at 100 feet under full acceleration), they are mistaken.

Nick Holt

2 wide,

Perhaps the reason you dislike the Allison series is you think they are in direct competition with you. This is just not the case. I enjoy watching your class, dwarf cars, as well as the Legacy's. I also enjoy the TPS and the CC Thunder cars. All of these classes offer very different racing venues. The only thing they have in common is 4 cyllinders.

It is good to see all of the classes race, and with time they should ALL grow.

Keep racin clean!

Mel

supertx,Jun 14 2004, 08:32 AM] Did they put any cars on the trailer for sound down there ?

Hi we have raced bomber at ccms for 4 seasons and their has never been a noise rule for local classes so I assume their isnt one for out town classes as well... The bomber feature was a rough race two cars rolled one of them wheel to wheel 5 times landing in the pit entrance ,, the other just got put on his lid in turn 2.. luckily all drivers are fine. The race was called early with about 12 of the original 25 laps raced.

Ernie rolled three times I have it on video beginning to end.

Tammi :rolleyes:

Mr. or Mrs. Mc Crum,

My family gives me more than enough attention. A little too much, if you ask me.

Oh, by the way, The big man in the red shirt was the person that told me the Allisons were there because they pay their own purse. Wasn't meant to be a personal attack. Just stating what the man told me.

After smashing the wall out of turn four on lap one, then bringing it home with a cracked bumper & three sets of doughnuts, the race felt anything BUT boring. But I just got a video of the race, and must admit that it wasn't the most exciting, after all. We've just got a lot of different experience levels in the series, and no one to run up front w/ JL right now. Hopefully we can build car count, along with everyone getting better, to put on better shows.

Last year, you didn't even know the Legacy's existed, they did not have even one race in CC. The new manager was contacted, agreement made for the Legacys to have 4 race dates if the first two were succesful (car count=spector count=more $$). Mother Nature put it to us the first 2 races, so this was our first full race and we wanted to promote some excitment with the James Lee bounty, the large purse, and even some free t-shirts. No one wanted a boring race and no one wanted all the wrecks, but it happen anyway. Not Owen Pitman nor Tom Creacy expected all the problems that night, but to blame them or anyone at CCMS is dead wrong. If you want to raise a stink, call me, as I will take all the blame. Give credit to Joe Jones for finding the $1800 given out that night along with all the free t-shirts, to me, he is a hero in this sport, he really promotes CCMS and "stock car" racing. I'll be glad to listen to your complaints; I ask that you call after 7:00 PM (my free time) and I'll listen all night to how you're a better driver, builder, promoter, or what ever. Bob Riley 512-787-9052

Legacy's didn't race last season at CC?? I thought they did.

Don't worry Tom, you are a GREAT announcer . No one can blame you for anything being boring lol. You always have something going on lol. Keep up the good work. :D

Mr.Riley, No you are mistaken about the Legacy's not racing at CCSpeedway last year.We had two race dates for them. June 7, 03 . One heat race and 20 lap feature for the 9 cars that showed.Michael Rhoads,won the feature and James Lee 2nd. On Aug.30,03 we had a 25 lap feature ,cause Romco was also racing.10 cars showed for this race.#14 Tom Harwell won,#8 Michael Rhoads 2nd. and #56 James Lee 3rd. It took me a while to look for this information .Since the begining of Allison Legacy CCSpeedway has been involved with the series. The problem was the series never did take off.Hopefully with you in charge it will make a big difference. In 2002 the Legacys did have some trouble with one of the drivers being illegal, his engine was taken and fined $1,000.00. Also loss of 150 points. Last week at CCMS I beleive the Legacys had 13 cars.I might be mistaken. I am happy to hear the track has Legacy's on their schedule.

Oh yes,this is Carol Yocum,(sorry Hurricane about the name)LOL

Archived