Texas Challenge Rules Change

Mike Sepich

San Antonio Speedway wishes to thank Jamie Fuller and John Heil for thier efforts today.

After over 3 hours of testing on a green track in the hot sun using everything that they had, the following rules changes will be made for cars using F53 8" tires.

1) Total Weight - 2950 pounds

2) Left Side % - 57% - 1270 pounds minimum

3) Track Width - increase by 1 inch.

The lap times were similar to the SA Late Model times. Yes, as the afternoon is wearing on the LM are getting faster but the track has some rubber on it.

Mike

Gee Mike thanks, thanks alot. The one big race for our type of car that we can't make and not only do you post the largest purse of the year but now you're doing all this R&D? You really know how to rub it in...

It's great to see that the earlier discussions about rules were taken in the spirit intended and no offense was taken because none was intended. If there is anything we can do on this end to help please feel free to contact me. Thanks again for putting on this event. jp

thanks mike- that seems comperable....thanks jamie & john...

i hope everybody that can will bring their car out-no matter what you want to think these guys sound like their going above and beyond to make this a competitive race...

i dont see where you guys are upset about the rules for this race ,you should see the race in altus ok. where the arts trucks raced th usst trucks these usst trucks have everything you guys have on you lm and the 10 inch tires the arts trucks are using the 8 inch tirse and the arts truck gave the usst treucks a good running for their money . the lap times in real close to each other and it was a good show

oops wrong thread

Archived