Thanks Neil!

RodneyRodriguez

Just a quick word of thanks and appreciation for his many years of service to our sport. My family and I were fans long before we took the plunge into the sport and as far back as I can remember Neil has been a part of it some form. What great work with TIDA/TPS over the years and those TWS weekends will be unmatched around here no matter how fancy we get!

Thanks Mr. Upchurch, I wish you all the best , I may indeed be callin time-to-time for PA pointers!

thanks neil for all the memories of growing up in the baby boomer bunch, growing up we lived week to week, just to go to the races, here in texas, you were a big part of the racing history in the books, just take a moment to reflect on how many people that has raced on texas soil and made it as long as neil upchurch, what a history, if it wasn't for the neil upchurch's in this world, what would we be doing for fun week after week, thanks for being a great part of my life in the racing industry, as a little boy marveling at the racecars, wondering when my day would come to be in your shoes. again, thanks for the great memories, del

The first time I met Neil he sold me a ticket to the TWS NASCAR race. That was in the pits at Pan American Speedway. Since then I have been a Neil Upchurch fan. No one I know has done more for the Texas racing scene than Neil. Neil put on some of the best races from Mexico to Oklahoma and I have had the pleasure of being at most of them for more than 35 years. Who could forget all the great times at Texas World Speedway? TIDA Pro Sedan races and later TIDA Late Model races were as good as you would find anywhere in the country. Neil kept 4- cylinder racing and late model racing alive when tracks everywhere were dropping those classes. I cannot thank Neil enough for all the great memories from the last 35 years. At 79 years young he has earned a little time off and a big Thank You from all us racing fans.

Neil, I want to thank you for your many years you have given to the Texas auto racing community and most recently the Texas Pro Sedan Series which I have enjoyed very much when they competed at San Antonio Speedway and Thunderhill Raceway. I believe that your departure and well earned retirement will leave an unfillable vacancy in the ranks of leaders in this sport. It is said that no one is indispensable but I believe you have broke that rule. With you goes the excitement of watching the TPS compete at Thunderhill Raceway which had always been one of the highlights of my evenings there. I feel I have many friends in that series that I enjoyed meeting with and to realize they won't be there now sort of takes a bit of luster off the racing I go there to see. Sure I have friends in the other series and enjoy all them too, but when you have a diamond ring with 6 diamonds in it and you lose a diamond, its never the same. You ran a hell of a good show Neil and your contributions to Texas auto racing have been many. I will miss TPS at THR but mostly Neil, the sport will miss you. Thanks for doing so much for us race fans over the many years. Your name is etched in the list of Texas racing legends. Again, Thanks a TON Neil. Dano :)

Archived