Changes needed for THR SS to run at SAS

Banker36

If a THR streetstock wanted to come run with you guys what changes would need to be made? I know there is quite a bit of stuff on our car that is not legal with yalls but do you have to change all of that to come run with you guys or is there a weight pently or something of that sort?

Matt Banker

what about carb, heads, weight, intake and offset of wheels. they will not meet yalls rules. last year yall said I couldnt run until I change them. THAT IS NOT RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colgate,

Have you heard of the Texas Track Owners and Promoters Association (TTOPA)? Through TTOPA the paved tracks at THR, SAS and CCMS are cooperating in many different ways to make asphalt racing in Texas better for all of us. The member tracks are working much more closely together these days. So,what was not permitted last year at SAS has changed.

Are things always going to be fair as TTOPA works through all the details of allowing cars to run at each other's tracks? Probably not. But in the end I think we will all be better off because of this new era of cooperation between the tracks.

Nick Holt

GUNDOG26,

NICK, WHY DONT THEY ALL WORK ON RULES THAT ALL OF THE TRACKS HAVE THE SAME FORMAT AS FAR AS TIRES, CARBS, ECT... THEN IT WOULD BE SIMPLE, JUST LOAD UP, GO TO THE TRACK OF CHOICE AND RACE !JUST A THOUGHT...

You have identified some of the items in the published TTOPA long terms goals.

None of this is easy. It takes lots of thought and input from a wide variety of sources to make wise decisions regarding rules and procedures. We are looking at the Late Model rules and making some basic decisions about coordinating next year's schedule as first steps. In the meantime the member tracks are working together in a number of ways including the event at SAS on the 19th.

Nick Holt

ok, any idea on what the organization has on their mind(s) for 2005 ? I've been to SAS, THR & CCMS and I see one big problem... We've got to get some butts in the stands.

Times are tough, I'd like to race every week again but I can't . i know, racing is a $$ sport but how do we get back to the days of speed-o-rama full on Friday & pam-am or later hwy 16 full of cars & fans ??

scary thing is when romco/tsrs comes to town the folks come out but otherwise, its awful lonely in the stands.

Guest rocketdog15

One of the reasons they are taking a while to get a more standard set of rules for THR SS, and SAS Sportsman, is that there is so much difference between the two classes, carb., intake, heads, wheel offset, rear end, tires, etc. In order to even these classes, it is going to cost one or both classes some bucks to change. But for now they will allow you SS guys to come down to SAS and run with us, provided, your car is completely legal at THR. this means yalls tires, mufflers, etc. As far as rear end gears the guys in the sportsman class run anywhere from 5:13 to 5:57 final drive ratio. We welcome yall to come on down and play.

J kelly Jr. you proved that on Sat night. You almost had him for the win. nice driving.

Archived