Bendele at TMS, 6/12/04

Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations, (817) 215-8520

Gary Guehler

-- For Immediate Release

DEFENDING CHAMPION BRANDON BENDELE READY FOR SUPERSPEEDWAY

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (June 11, 2004) - Defending ROMCO Super Late Model Series champion Brandon Bendele is ready to descend on Texas Motor Speedway for Saturday's First Convenience Bank 100. The champ has his eyes focused on victory lane but is also concerned with a top finish to maintain his title contender status.

Benedele will pilot the Premier Minerals Chevrolet Monte Carlo in the 100-miler at "The Great American Speedway." Bendele currently ranks third in a tight battle for the ROMCO Texas Tornado Tour point lead. The intensity of the battle forces Bendele to shoot for a victory but carry practical expectations.

"We worked on a lot of little things over the winter to make the car better," said Bendele. "Now, we just need a little more luck."

Two of Bendele's early-season ROMCO runs were sidetracked when he was collected in accidents that took place right in front of him. Surviving the second ROMCO appearance at Texas Motor Speedway with a solid finish is imperative for a repeat run at the ROMCO title.

"I have to say that at TMS, we're just hoping for a top five. We'll put it on the floor and try to keep it there, but we expect to be out-motored. Since we ran sixth in the last race here, a top five would be great.

"The car is good, we just need a little better luck. But to tell the truth, I want to win, and I think we can."

Bendele will have a trio of former ROMCO Texas Motor Speedway winners to contend with in the First Convenience Bank 100. Recent college graduate Robert Richardson won the ROMCO superspeedway round April 2 while the son-father team of Chris and Greg Davidson claimed ROMCO victories at the speedway the past two seasons.

The First Convenience Bank 100 will get the green flag at 4 p.m. Saturday, prior to that evening's Bombardier 500k Indy Racing League IndyCar Series race. Tickets are available at the speedway, by calling (817) 215-8520, online at www.texasmotorspeedway.com and at Ticketmaster locations.

# # #

Archived