thunders

cRt racing

The answer to that question is really what is anyone going to do to encourage new teams to race this class.We have a reputation for fueding amongst ourselves.I have asked this question many times and have never heard any positive responses.Only " whats in it for me ".

Whats needed is a program that is well defined and can also be a stepping stone to graduate from frontrunners to thunders using the same car but with improvements.Right now the rules are lopsided favoring the heavy,hi powered RWD cars.A modified frontrunner is handicapped right off the bat by the open diff and minimum weight.The old Pro Sedan cars have too much suspension so most are al;so eliminated.So where do thunders draw from?? Those who are quitting have already admitted defeat so whats in it for a new guy??

Thunder cars need leadership and direction.If you just wait for something to happen,nothing will.The answer might be an association that has meetings and can give some direction.Or the track appoint a represenative to work with the thunders.Any kind of leadership is better than wandering around lost.Keep me posted. G.B.

PS a good place to start is posting the rules and purse.Theres a lot of displacet 4 cyl racers both north and south of Corpus.Any ideas Stephen???

I haven't thought thought much about it since the meeting but ill look in the morning and see if Santa stuffed a new cast iron head in my stocking (since the one i had was too good) and ill tell ya the verdict on 2011 tomorrow..... but i don't think one will be there. Ive seen a few cars for sale from the guys in the class (maybe they're ready to become "former owners of texas thunder car" too). So for the 21 it may be a new cast head for next year, it may have two cast heads next year, or it may just get a new cover.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived