Jump to content

condition of SAS


Truck99

Recommended Posts

Yes, there's still a chance we can have the races at SAS this weekend. I talked with Mike last night, and he's pumping out water and still planning to race. The track had over four inches of rain, but fortunately the ground was not saturated at the time. I will post any updates or changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that is a good question.

I am pretty interested in that also.

Even if we can race, the pits will be pretty sloppy. A few weeks ago we raced when TAMS was there and there were a lot of pit spaces that were very muddy and quite a few against the backstretch wall that had standing water still in it. So we will be bringing a spare set of shoes :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the National Weather Service forecast:

 

Looks like if the track can avoid the scattered showers and thunderstorms for the next 36 hours SAS should be OK.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

 

Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 74. South southeast wind around 15 mph.

 

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high around 91. Heat index values as high as 99. South southeast wind around 15 mph.

 

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low near 75. South southeast wind around 15 mph.

 

Nick Holt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...