First Convenience Bank 100

Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations, (817) 215-8520

Gary Guehler

-- For Immediate Release

RICHARDSON GOING FOR DOUBLE IN FIRST CONVENIENCE BANK 100

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (June 9, 2004) – Robert Richardson lived a dream April 2 when he stood in victory lane at Texas Motor Speedway. Richardson is looking for more of that glory Saturday as he seeks another ROMCO Super Late Model Series win at “The Great American Speedway” in the First Convenience Bank 100.

Richardson has experienced a full and busy year. He turned 21 and last month graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas. But most importantly, he won the largest race of his career and stood in the same victory lane as have many racing greats.

“Texas is the track that I have dreamed of winning at ever since I have been racing,” said the former high school quarterback from McKinney. “The first race I went to at the track was the day that Dale (Earnhardt) Jr. won his first race there.

“It was so great to win at the track and be in Victory Lane where Dale Earnhardt and his son celebrated their special moment together. For me to be standing in that same spot, slinging drinks over everybody, my dream came true.”

Richardson began his racing career driving Legends Cars at Texas Motor Speedway and other speedways in the region. His win at Texas Motor Speedway has been the highlight of his late model career that is progressing rapidly.

“I’d rather win at Texas in front of my home crowd and fans than win at Daytona any day.”

The son-father duo of Chris and Greg Davidson, winners of the first two ROMCO Super Late Model Series races at Texas Motor Speedway, will be seeking a second superspeedway triumph in the First Convenience Bank 100. Defending ROMCO champion Brandon Bendele is also expected.

The First Convenience Bank 100 will get the green flag at 4 p.m. Saturday, prior to that night’s Bombardier 500k Indy Racing League IndyCar Series event. Tickets are available at the speedway, by calling (817) 215-8500, online at www.texasmotorspeedway.com and at Ticketmaster locations.

# # #

Archived