Modified Lites

WildRacer5

In my bordom on the rainy day I was surfing arround the net and found a class called Modified lites and Mini Mods. They were basically a dwarf car chassis with a mini open wheeled modified or mini DIRT body on them. I wasn't sure if they ran in Texas or not. They look really cool abnd seem like a blast to drive. Any info would be helpful.

Also anybody know what happened to the old Super Coupes. I went to thier website and it wasn't working

Thanks for the help.

Here a pic of the mod lite

post-7-1086819727_thumb.jpg

hey wild-the car in the pic belongs to a texas hiway patrolman in east texas-they race in east texas and at houston raceway park-if you go the website www.dwarfcarracing.com you will find all kinds of info about these cars and more-they run under TUSA rules and haul ass-the site list who builds em and has results from around the country-check em out it is very interesting-these car started from dwarf drivers who got bored with dwarfs and wanted something more up to date(mod style bodies-big injected motorcycle motors on alky with big hooisers)

I wonder if any of the dwarf drivers are intrested now? these are a great looking class. I thought that dwarfs were fun but these things are a blast to look at.

WR5,

I race with the TDCA myself (#64 red Truck), but I have worked on and been to several BIG Mod-Lite shows. Tommy's right, they are dwarf cars on steroids!! They are also a lot more money and work than what you see in the Texas Dwarf Car Assoc. weekly shows. Many of the cars have QC rear ends, all aluminum suspensions, 40 duro tires, and 185 - 200 HP fuel injected motors!! And they weight between 1250 - 1300 lbs. At the Texas Grand last year, the Mod Lite's were running 1-2 tenths quicker than the UMP Modifieds!

Wes

P.S. Hope to be racing with you soon again Tommy...

Archived